Bernard Hopkins is a TOP 10 ATG.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    Good Lord....

Out of all the names on that list you chose Ezzard Charles too try and say BHop is greater than ?, he's probably the greatest boxer on it.

Skill wise you could say they are very close, im just saying B Hop has done more. Not taking anything away from Charles he was a great heavyweight.

Comment

......Lolz no

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
        Skill wise you could say they are very close, im just saying B Hop has done more. Not taking anything away from Charles he was a great heavyweight.
        Ezzard Charles is the consensus GOAT at Light-Heavyweight. Everything he did at Heavyweight is just a bonus.

Archie Moore 3-0
        Charley Burley 2-0
        Joey Maxim 2-0 (beat him 3 times at Heavyweight too)
        Jimmy Bivins 3-1 (beat him at Heavyweight as well)
        Lloyd Marshall 2-1
        Teddy Yarosz 1-0

That just his Light-Heavyweight notables. That's 13-2 against ATG or near-ATG fighters.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          Ezzard Charles is the consensus GOAT at Light-Heavyweight. Everything he did at Heavyweight is just a bonus.

Archie Moore 3-0
          Charley Burley 2-0
          Joey Maxim 2-0 (beat him 3 times at Heavyweight too)
          Jimmy Bivins 3-1 (beat him at Heavyweight as well)
          Lloyd Marshall 2-1
          Teddy Yarosz 1-0

That just his Light-Heavyweight notables. That's 13-2 against ATG or near-ATG fighters.

Poet
          I wont argue with that.

Comment

I wont argue with that.
            I've been fortunate enough to see a decent amount of footage of Charles and I can honestly say he's one of the finest fighters I've ever laid eyes on. How good was he? H2H I wouldn't even pick Roy Jones over him at Light-Heavy.

Poet

Comment

I've been fortunate enough to see a decent amount of footage of Charles and I can honestly say he's one of the finest fighters I've ever laid eyes on. How good was he? H2H I wouldn't even pick Roy Jones over him at Light-Heavy.

Poet
              That's bold, a prime Roy is a freak of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
                1) The first true undisputed champ. No one else in history has held the WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO, and Ring Mag. belt all at the same time.

2) He's defended his World middleweight title over a record 20 fights.

3) The Oldest man to win a legitimate World title at the age of 46.

4) Besides a prime roy and being too old for Dawson, he has never truly convincingly lost a fight.

5) He has upsetted numerous PRIME top fighters while being a past primed underdog.

6) King of Controversy: burns a PR flag IN PR! makes openly racist comments on NATIONAL TV!

Bow Down b1tches.

100% Agreed. Best middleweight of all time!

Comment

That's bold, a prime Roy is a freak of nature.
                  Yes he was, and I'm someone who catches some heat for ranking Jones top-15 p4p. As great as Jones was, I can honestly say Charles was better.

Poet

Comment

Yes he was, and I'm someone who catches some heat for ranking Jones top-15 p4p. As great as Jones was, I can honestly say Charles was better.

Poet
                    Ill have to watch some more of Ezzard, ive mostly just watched his fights at heavyweight.

Comment

Ill have to watch some more of Ezzard, ive mostly just watched his fights at heavyweight.
                      That's most of what's available. The Walcott fights are out there and those are good. Bare in mind he was clearly past-it and still came damn close to beating Marciano twice.....that should give you a good idea just how good he was in his prime.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X