No announcement yet.

Prime Floyd Mayweather vs Prime Paul Williams at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    Tell me which of those HOF boxers did Floyd fight at their best please? TY!
    All of them.

Comment

You're the one calling me dumb....enlighten me please. Please educate me with your superior boxing knowledge.
      That's what I thought armchair.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        Lots of qualified 147lbs fighters but instead Floyd takes on Hatton at 147 where people said he lost in his sole fight and where Hatton went back down to 140 for several fights! Total devastation!

Lots of qualified 147lbs fighters but instead Floyd fights Juan Marquez at 147 even though Marquez never had fought at 140 nor 147 and had just 2 fights at 135 Total devastation
        You named 2 guys lmfao. The guys you want to name you can't because they lost to lesser boxers than Floyd. Foh with your armchair outlook, lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
          All of them.
          Talk about being a blind nut hugger. Thanks for the laugh.

Comment

Talk about being a blind nut hugger. Thanks for the laugh.
            You take credit away from fighters, I don't. Once you enter that square ring you fight young, old or prime. As an armchair you don't qualify to talk about a fighters comp and resume.

Legally you have that right to talk, but you're just another jealous armchair that rolls around forums asking that stupid question about Floyd, lmfao. The worst part is you think that you're right in your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
              4th weight class equals his prime? Ok bro

prime means when the fighter was at his best. Floyds best was before 147.

he was 31 when he fought oscar. Andre ward is 32. is Andre ward in his prime? the answer is no.

just because he was undefeated doesn't mean he was prime
              He was 30. Ward is 33.

Floyd was at his best in terms of skills and athleticism in 2007. If he had declined from an athleticism POV, his skills had improved. He was fighting bigger fighters who were very good too. Ricky and DLH would have busted up everyone he had fought prior. We think of Ricky as a joke now but then he was an animal. DLH was a beast too even if he was past it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                You take credit away from fighters, I don't. Once you enter that square ring you fight young, old or prime. As an armchair you don't qualify to talk about a fighters comp and resume.

Legally you have that right to talk, but you're just another jealous armchair that rolls around forums asking that stupid question about Floyd, lmfao. The worst part is you think that you're right in your mind.
                He's an ATG, I don't discredit that. I discredit the hype that his groupies say about him. I dislike groupies of all boxers, not just Floyd's.

Not an armchair but if you think that, then go ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  So suddenly in the biggest fight of his life he would not only make adjustments but do so and be successful doing it against the premier boxer of his generation.

Is that possible, well anything is. Is it probable, no. You know this. but its Floyd so you will allow yourself to believe anything that ends with him losing.

A lot of guys have Hearns like dimensions. They didn't have his power, speed, balance, training etc.

What do you mean by gave Floyd problems? That is ridiculous. Every fighter is susceptible to be hit by a jab. That doesn't mean you have "problems".

What pressure did Floyd struggle against? You bringing this up perfectly illustrates my point about factoring in everything.

You over exaggerate Floyd's struggles with pressure fighters while at the same time totally discounting the fact much lesser men than Floyd were able to outbox PWill and his "style".

I'm not looking for haters. You guys just can't separate your hate from your visualization of fantasy fights.
                  after reading this load of nonstop garbage, its safe to say that:

negro you need to put your big draws on.... you are truly bugging

floyd money ain't take on every hof'er, and atg in their primes and left no doubt about any reservations anybody had about him, and in the case of Williams and even Margarito, fights could have been made, so get your tissue, people have good reason to say he avoided those guys for one reason or another, that is well documented and no flimsy a** excuse you offer up is gonna change that...

the truth is, he picked and chose the right time to fight all of the best guys on his resume, usually after they have been beat down already or ko'd, plus had to have every conceivable advantage from ring, to gloves, and whatever else..and you know it and can't justify it with everything being the other guys fault...you captain sav-a-floyd, b**ch made asses...

the real is, had he found the time to fight these guys when they were prime, then we wouldn't be having these discussions now would we...especially with a guy like Williams, who was in his weight class, in his era, and the whole nine, but Floyd couldn't shrink him down to his height so i guess we got no fight...

Comment

• Originally posted by chaos View Post
                    Prime floyd vs prime anyone at 147 will always be a fantasy. He ducked prime Mosley/Cotto/Pac, Marg, and Williams. But hey, he beat prime Leprechaun so all's forgiven.
                    facts.....he does have a prime ortiz, and chop chop corley though...

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                      after reading this load of nonstop garbage, its safe to say that:

negro you need to put your big draws on.... you are truly bugging

floyd money ain't take on every hof'er, and atg in their primes and left no doubt about any reservations anybody had about him, and in the case of Williams and even Margarito, fights could have been made, so get your tissue, people have good reason to say he avoided those guys for one reason or another, that is well documented and no flimsy a** excuse you offer up is gonna change that...

the truth is, he picked and chose the right time to fight all of the best guys on his resume, usually after they have been beat down already or ko'd, plus had to have every conceivable advantage from ring, to gloves, and whatever else..and you know it and can't justify it with everything being the other guys fault...you captain sav-a-floyd, b**ch made asses...

the real is, had he found the time to fight these guys when they were prime, then we wouldn't be having these discussions now would we...especially with a guy like Williams, who was in his weight class, in his era, and the whole nine, but Floyd couldn't shrink him down to his height so i guess we got no fight...
                      So don't address any points made and pivot to the "he didn't fight..." argument where you hold Floyd accountable because Manny , ODH, Shane and others wouldn't fight him. Damn, you are desperate to disparage Floyd's career anyway you can.

Yeah, when you are the a side you get things done your way. Same as Leonard, same as ODH. stop crying that the guys you like never occupied that spot. FYI, Ring size is standard in Vegas idiot so at least know what the fuck you are talking about.

When he was high risk, low reward, they were no where to be found. when they saw a big payday, they all came running.

If he fought and beat these guys, bitches like you would find some way to denigrate them as you do everyone of Floyd's wins. Its the usual pattern, say fighter x will beat Floyd, they fight, Floyd wins, and you f@gs get upset and then down the win.

Like I said if we answer this question using the Pwill that actually existed, he loses to Floyd. If we go with whatever elevated, enhanced fight night created player version of PWill you are using for purposes of this discussion, he still loses.

Comment

Working...
                      X