Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Jacobs: If Canelo Got a Draw - Then I Beat Golovkin!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
    What's the difference between Jacobs and Charlos promotional situation if their both signed to Al Haymon and neither is signed to a promoter?
    Not sure, but I've noticed only certain guys are allowed to fight under different promotional banners. Since the start of the PBC, it's been clear that certain guys( like Khan, Jacobs, Frampton, etc.) were allowed to do whatever they wanted (based on their comments in interviews). Whereas some of the other guys were clearly only going to be on PBC/Showtime events (Thurman, Garcia, Porter, etc.).

My guess is there is a difference in the contractual relationship with Haymon. Idk just noticed a difference in their tones about opportunities. The Charlos seem to fall in the second group based on the things they say and how they've been dealt with.

Comment

ggg arguably lost both! he owes danny a rematch too.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBox View Post
        Whoever agrees with D.J is either a Canelo hater or simply a moron. D.J did good Vs. GGG. Real damn good considering nobody had ever gone the distance with GGG before in a long time prior to their March bout but D.J was put on his rear end.

Canelo stayed on his feet all night long, landed the more telling blows and even wobbled GGG. 118-110 was ridiculous. An insult to our intelligence but Canelo should have gotten the official "W". I hope none of these three fellas becomes today's JuanMa Marquez.
        If by staying you mean "ran" then ok...and please oh please tell me at what point did he "wobble" GGG? Which round? I'm no hater by any means as I respect anybody who has the balls to step through those ropes and put his life on the line for our entertainment. This was a close fight and the vast majority of professional boxers, analysts and media had it a close verdict either/or/draw...how some of you have it as a near shutout in ANYONE's favor is beyond reasonable....

Comment

Yes the fight was fixed, Canelo clearly lost. No I dont think GGG was in on it. Yes Jacobs deserves a rematch before Canelo as he was far more competitive. No I dont think Jacobs won the first fight but he deserves a rematch because it was close.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            Jacobs did better. He won. Canelo lost.
            You preaching to the choir, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
              You preaching to the choir, I agree.
              Jacobs kept himself in the fight all night. Canelo didn't. These guys are fools...

Comment

100% agreed. Good observation!

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I agree. GGG has been back in the ring since their fight but Jacobs has done nothing except complain about his lose to GGG. GGG has no plans on retiring or moving up in weight so if Jacobs beats a good middleweight he will probably get a rematch with GGG.If he is inactive he probably won't get a rematch.The fans would demand the winner of Jermall vs Jacobs fight get a fight with the winner of the probable Canelo vs GGG rematch.
                  If Jacobs beats Charlo, he deserves a rematch, however if I'm Jacobs, I would rather Canelo! $$$

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    So you can't dispute the fact that Jacobs moved all night long more then Canelo did Canelo ran? Neither guy ran both outlanded GGG in power punches and landed the harder clean shots they just used movement in Jacobs case and defense in Canelo's case to make GGG look one dimensional.

I looked at this videos in your posting...man, GGG's chin is just... hard to explain. You need somebody like AJ to knock him out. People say he's got no defense. Well, while most fighters use movements and gloves for their defense, GGG uses his chin..so technically, people who say he's got no defense are wrong

Comment

Canelo can run and achieve about 400 MPH for ground mobility, but lost to GGG. It was a no-brainer.

Comment

Working...
                      X