No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez, Gennady Golovkin Battle To a Split Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
    Do you think it's possible you gave GGG the rounds you did because Canelo fought going backwards? I mean, many of the rounds GGG "won", Canelo landed the cleaner shots. I think GGG wore Canelo down with his pressure. And I think Canelo didn't get credit for some of the stuff he landed on GGG because Gennady's ability to absorb punishment is almost super human. But just because Canelo's shot didn't hurt him doesn't mean they didn't count.
    No because Canelo wasn't doing much going backwards or moving. He landed a flashy shot now in some rounds between 3-10 but that's all.

I'd happily score the round for Canelo if i felt he was still in control despite going backwards, being on the ropes and landing here and there, but he wasn't in Control. Mayweather does it but he's still very much in control of what's happening in the ring and dictating it. Canelo was being forced to do that. There's a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxnation fan View Post
      oh and please hbo....retire lederman.

Complete fool.
      1000000% agree with this

Comment

• Originally posted by sayf View Post
        Biggest load of shyte scorecard I've ever seen, that was absolutely scandalous. Byrd should never be allowed to officiate another fight, that was disgusting.

GGG won the fight clearly, but if you're a Canelo fanboy you could probably give it to him by a round, but not ten.

Both fighters showed their class tonight in the ring, but it was spoiled by the terrible judging. Canelo showed he's a top fighter and GGG showed he's not done yet. Great fight, BS decision.

See this is where you get off based. If canelo won by a round or by 12 its the same ****ing score. 1 judge for canelo 1 for ggg 1 down the middle.
        If your that serious rewatch it. It was a draw. If worse i could have accepted ggg with a 1 round win. Im a serious boxing fac ex boxer who calls it how i see it. Either way i saw a great fight and nothing like the bs 3 weeks ago. A true boxing classic.
        In rematch I give it to Canelo easily
        As he wont be spent as he learned ggg in the 1st fight.

Comment

• F**k the United States and f**k Afghanistan or wherever Borat is from! Jajajajajajajajajajajajajaja!

Comment

• Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
            Didn't you hear Roy and max they were just as biased for Canelo and he didn't do ****! Time to get your ears cleaned and your eyes fixed bruh!
            No Max and Roy had to jump in to balance things out and point out the good that Canelo was doing as well because Lampley was having a Orgasm over what GGG was doing and was MISSING what Canelo was doing!

Comment

• Originally posted by wkings View Post
              This is what is wrong with boxing. Networks and big money promoters corrupt the sport and and always reward the money drawing fighter. 118 to 110 is a slap in the face of any knowledgeable fight fan. I guess Alvarez won 10 rounds by keeping his hands down and fighting in spurts, landing one punch at a time. He was pretty much non existent rounds 3 to 9. GGG was the aggressor, landed 50 more punches and was able to land his jab at will. Lastly, how do you win a fight constantly backing up with your hands down?
              Funny how just like jacobs canelo landed more power shots & ggg the monster jabbed like a bîtch

Comment

• "Ggg not even in his prime"
                "Canelo ran"
                "Canelo and Oscar paid off the judges"

Sound familiar don't it?

Comment

• I thought GGG won 8-4, I'm shocked some would have it for Canelo. I saw him be inactive for most of the rounds, be gassed, and got outworked. GGG didn't look too hot either and should've invested to the body but I thought he clearly won here.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    Get off my dyck you puzzy. Tell your mom I'm coming by tonight
                    Shut up idiot

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      Didn't look like much of a chess match with one guy scurrying backwards all night.
                      Based on how Canelo face looked after the fight, Canelo clearly wasn't just "Scurrying Backwards"

Comment

Working...
                      X