Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Calzaghe: A Good Fight, But I'd Beat Andre Ward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cocaines a hell of a drug

Comment

Originally posted by shogun1123 View Post
      At Best Dude Fought a DRAW WITH BERNARD HOPKINS. I HAD HOP A ROUND OR TWO BASED ON clean punches.

WARD is Hopkins 2.0 FOR REAL.

Calzaghe IS LIKE Marciano. HE ONLY FOUGHT THEM WHEN THEY WERE OLD.

WARD WOULD EASILY DECISION Calzaghe.

Calzaghe FIGHTS LIKE AN AMATEUR FOR REAL.

But real Talk Calzaghe did go undefeated, gotta give him credit for that.

However he is the best Cherry picker of ALL TIME.
      No, that is Mayweather.

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      Ward is much better than a 43 year old Hopkins, who Calzaghe so heavily struggled against. Ward would get in on him, control him and win a decision.
      I would like to see Ward v Hopkins at 48, but like Dirrell, Hopkins appears fearful of a Ward match-up.

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
      I admire Calzaghe, I really do. But let's be real...Ward would sweep him 12 rounds to none. It is what it is. He fought a bunch of Euro bums and his name victories were with fighters way past their prime. He can try and make an argument now and its a discussion worth having, but when Ward retires and you compare their careers it'll be clear as day. Sorry Joe, you're only the best SMW champ in history because it's a brand new division. At the end of Ward's career you will be the consensus #2 on the All-time SMW list.
      Most of Calzaghe's better wins were against overseas fighters. Lacy, Bika, Kessler, Hopkins. Apart from Lacy they've all gone on to do well. Bika fighting for a title this week.

Comment

Calzaghe would have done a proper number on him had they fought. Same thing had he fought Froch....they'd be confused after three rounds as to what kind of style Joe had, eating punches the entire time.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
          Cocaines a hell of a drug
          46-0 is a hell of a record

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Most of Calzaghe's better wins were against overseas fighters. Lacy, Bika, Kessler, Hopkins. Apart from Lacy they've all gone on to do well. Bika fighting for a title this week.
            Lacy was an over rated hype job, a bum. Bika is a bruiser with no skill set. The only reason he is fighting for a "title" is because Ward was stripped because of injury. I'll give you Kessler but you saw what Ward did to him and Bika. Hopkins? I had Hopkins winning. If pitty-pattying is considered scoring blows then Calzaghe won cleanly.

Comment

Lacy was an over rated hype job, a bum. Bika is a bruiser with no skill set. The only reason he is fighting for a "title" is because Ward was stripped because of injury. I'll give you Kessler but you saw what Ward did to him and Bika. Hopkins? I had Hopkins winning. If pitty-pattying is considered scoring blows then Calzaghe won cleanly.
              Bika gave him a tough fight. I wasn't that impressed with Ward's win over Kessler either, he risked being DQ'd anywhere else.

Calzaghe didn't consistently challenge himself, but he has some good wins. I think a Ward fight is interesting, much depending on the referee.

Comment

Damn, that's a fight I'd love to see.

Comment

You people are crazy, Joe dismantled a prime, undefeated Kessler and beat up on a younger Bika.....two of the 4 fighters that define Ward's entire legacy. What gets me is people saying Ward would adapt and "cruise" to a wide UD, LMAO.....Calzaghe was better than anyone I've ever seen (much, much better than Ward) at adapting mid-fight.

Ward hasn't done anything in a year and is setting himself up as a commentator as we speak, he's pretty much done with his career with 26 fights, Joe almost doubled that and won titles in two divisions plus traveled across the ocean to fight the big fights while Ward had everyone come here. Ward is highly overrated imo.

Comment

The only thing that will defeat Ward is power Joe had little,good fight chessmatch for a few rds but then ward would get dirty he would clinch and bully joe imo more interesting to me is how would either do against a prime toney rjj please children in his prime he was un beatable not ray robinson ray leonard marvin hagler monzon would have even given a prime roy a fight the most physically gifted fighter ever to fight.for christs sake he beat world opposition chicken fighting them and making fun while backed into a corner.

Comment

3 of Ward's top wins: Dawson (175 pound champ drained to 168), Bika (who you called a bum), AA (a blown up MW who got undressed by almost everyone he fought at 168).

Let's not even talk about Shelby Pudwill or whoever the hell he was....speaking of bums. Ward's career is basically Foch and Kessler, one of them Calzaghe already beat up on years earlier.

Comment

Working...
                      X