Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cecilia Braekhus Decisions Erica Farias To Retain Five Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cecilia Braekhus Decisions Erica Farias To Retain Five Titles

Cecilia Braekhus, 31-0, retained her five - WBA, WBC, WBO, IBF and IBO - female titles tonight in Bergen, Norway, on a rainy (nothing unexpected as it almost always rains in Bergen) outdoor show with an unanimous decision over Argentinean challenger Erica Farias (24-2, 10 KOs), who is the WBC champ at 140.
    [Click Here To Read More]

awful fight, awful referee and awful scorecards. if the fight was held in argentina farias would've won it

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
      awful fight, awful referee and awful scorecards. if the fight was held in argentina farias would've won it
      interesting. what happened? howd the fight go?

they screw
      over the women with 2
      minute rounds. hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by ceylon mooney View Post
        interesting. what happened? howd the fight go?

they screw
        over the women with 2
        minute rounds. hate it.
        2 scorecards where 99-91 for braekhus and the other one was 98-92. farias won at least 4 rounds. nothing happen in the first 5 rounds. and the referee looked like he was at an amateur fight, it took him forever to break them apparat. seriously they both would be holding without throwing and the dude was just there watching

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          2 scorecards where 99-91 for braekhus and the other one was 98-92. farias won at least 4 rounds. nothing happen in the first 5 rounds. and the referee looked like he was at an amateur fight, it took him forever to break them apparat. seriously they both would be holding without throwing and the dude was just there watching
          gotcha. thx man.

Comment

Originally posted by ceylon mooney View Post
            gotcha. thx man.
            Here's the fight:

Comment

I had it 97-93 for Braekhus. But I agree wih you on the referee, he was way to slow and a lot of time was wasted. In Farias loss to Delfine Persson in 2014, the referee at the time took away 3 points from the fighters for headbutts and clinching. At the time I thought that was excesive, but maybe he was right doing so.

And women boxing needs 3 minutes rounds. Simply to get more decisive winners and losers in fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Braekhusp4pfan View Post
                I had it 97-93 for Braekhus. But I agree wih you on the referee, he was way to slow and a lot of time was wasted. In Farias loss to Delfine Persson in 2014, the referee at the time took away 3 points from the fighters for headbutts and clinching. At the time I thought that was excesive, but maybe he was right doing so.

And women boxing needs 3 minutes rounds. Simply to get more decisive winners and losers in fights.
                agree with you. i thought braekhus won but by 9 points? no way.

Comment

Working...
                X