Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Lopez's Options: Haney Doesn't Mean Much, Not an Attraction Like Davis, Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a belt especially the WBC almost hurts Haney in this situation. It would almost be better if he gave it up and moved up to 140 and became a mandatory for a titleholder preferably the IBF since they enforce their mandatories. This is the way to get a big fight. Hearn has messes up in not moving Haney right. Devin should have fought Gary Russell Jr instead of Gamboa. Then he should have gotten back in the ring either on the Canelo undercard or on Garcia-Campbell to handle business and fight Javier Fortuna. Those 2 fights would have been good wins on par with Garcia's win over Campbell

Comment

Originally posted by GodfatherIV View Post
      Having a belt especially the WBC almost hurts Haney in this situation. It would almost be better if he gave it up and moved up to 140 and became a mandatory for a titleholder preferably the IBF since they enforce their mandatories. This is the way to get a big fight. Hearn has messes up in not moving Haney right. Devin should have fought Gary Russell Jr instead of Gamboa. Then he should have gotten back in the ring either on the Canelo undercard or on Garcia-Campbell to handle business and fight Javier Fortuna. Those 2 fights would have been good wins on par with Garcia's win over Campbell
      I can respect your opinion.

The problem for Haney is he looks average against people he's bigger than, let alone his size. (I don't think he's bigger than Gamboa, by the way.) But NSB boxing traditionalists say Gamboa is tiny.

Hearn has no confidence in Haney whatsoever. Maybe he should give him Campbell.

Can Haney beat almost D level Campbell with his featherfists?
      Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 01-18-2021, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        When IG followers equates to tickets sold or PPV's bought that followers number will matter, but thus far I've seen nothing to suggest it equates to boxing event revenue in any major way.
        Very true. I'm old fashioned for social media stuff, by choice. 100% on this post.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
          For the money it's Loma or move up
          Bro, I kept seeing this post from you, but there's no money in Loma-Lopez. Arum will lose money on it and it's NOT a PPV worhy. Arum knows ESPN won't intervene to make this fight again. Maybe you mean something else.

Loma doesn't bring much to the table and Lopez isn't a star. It's a regular ESPN fight.

Comment

Bob Arum should pay big money on Crawford's PBC opponents with his wealth if he does not want to retire at age 80 to make it up to the boxing diehard fans.

Comment

I think Lopez is the best lightweight of the hunch but don’t be fooled by Arums statement, this has more to do with the fact that Haney has the style to potentially hand Lopez a loss. More so than Tank, and especially more than Garcia.

Comment

Haney beats Lopez and Arum knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Bob trying to spin things to a Loma rematch I feel like. "Can't go to Australia. Devin don't matter. Gotta fight Loma again I guess".
                  I was thinking the same thing because he hasn't been talking about what's next for Loma

Comment

Working...
                  X