Sugar Ray Robinson, Ezzard Charles, and Jose Napoles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VIPrice View Post
    just going from memory on that one.
    just watched the first few rounds of mosley margarito, youre right. you can clearly see it in his both his hooks and the other punches i mentioned - the way he throws his whole body into them, the jab not so much. theres only a few times when i see similarities with his jab and i think its probably got more to do with him having a similar stance.

i dont know how you cant see similarities between robinson and ali. its common knowledge SRR was alis hero and idol, whom he structured his style after. he used to go off in camp how his style is beautiful like robinsons. ali is definitely not a carbon copy but when you watch SRR then ali its uncanny.
    cosig on the power punches of the two sugars of course.

It is hard for me to comment on the Ali part, because I have watched at least 50x times more Ali footage than Robinson's and with very different film quality, so the resolution at which I picture them in my mind is completely different.

Comment

The first people I think on whose most similar too Napoles' style are Orlando Canizales and Chocolatito, don't see the Charles comparison that much, somewhat Robinson though although I don't they're that much similar.

Comment

Working...
      X