Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Your Thoughts On Ali vs Frazier 2?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is also why I have been saying how the referee handles the fight between Haye and Wladimir is so important, because if he allows Wlad to do to Haye what Ali did to Frazier then there is no way that Haye can win.

Comment

Haven't seen it, but Joe shoulda won the third fight. Ali was not gonna continue, but poor Eddie Futch ruined it for his man.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
        Yeah but there was still great action
        There was some great action in Ali-Frazier 2. Just in spots. in fact those are very similar because Ali controlled the action and Gatti controlled the action but dominated ward more

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
          Haven't seen it, but Joe shoulda won the third fight. Ali was not gonna continue, but poor Eddie Futch ruined it for his man.
          Ali would've continued, no matter what he said or did. Futch made the right call, Frazier was completely blind and had already absorbed too much punishment.

"Do you regret stopping the Ali fight."

"Not at all, before then I had witnessed ring deaths first hand, I didn't want to see another."

Comment

It made me sad

Comment

Ali pwned Joe that 2nd time. He peppered him all night. It's the only one of the trilogy not to be a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                Ali would've continued, no matter what he said or did. Futch made the right call, Frazier was completely blind and had already absorbed too much punishment.

"Do you regret stopping the Ali fight."

"Not at all, before then I had witnessed ring deaths first hand, I didn't want to see another."
                True. No way would he have quit. How would he have faced his Muslim pals after that?

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
                  There was some great action in Ali-Frazier 2. Just in spots. in fact those are very similar because Ali controlled the action and Gatti controlled the action but dominated ward more
                  There was very very little action in Ali Frazier 2 as after almost every clean punch they tied up. Not to mention the 3rd round of Gatti Ward 2 is one of the truly great rounds in boxing history that alone puts it waaaay over Ali Frazier 2

Comment

I find this fight underrated. I'd always heard it sucked and it was out of rotation for years so I didn't see until about eight years ago. Then I saw it and was pleasantly surprised. Yeah, lots of clinching, but the overall output and action was still better than average. It's just sandwiched between, IMO, the two best Heavy fights ever. If this fight happened now for a Heavyweight title, it would be praised to the stars.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                      There was very very little action in Ali Frazier 2 as after almost every clean punch they tied up. Not to mention the 3rd round of Gatti Ward 2 is one of the truly great rounds in boxing history that alone puts it waaaay over Ali Frazier 2
                      Okay now you're just getting technical really. Either you didn't have the patience to watch it or you're just going by what most people are saying. There was a lot of holding but that doesn't mean there was no action.

In Gatti Ward II, that was dominated way more by Gatti.

They're similar in the fact that Gatti and Ali changed their gameplans so they could win

Comment

Working...
                      X