Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Pacquiao still deal with Arum?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a long time, Pac had a large purse guarantee per fight ..$20+ million I think. He wouldn't get that anywhere else with Floyd being the other guy on the other network.

He had a good relationship with Top Rank/Arum. They handled all the stuff on the business side of things. And that was that. Pac was also too busy doing other stuff so he was satisfied having Arum handle that.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post
      And the end of it all is that he actually said that he still has to fight for money less then a damn year after "supposibly" making 100 ****ing Million..i feel Manny's story will end badly
      this was beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        He's not the smartest guy. Koncz is probably in his ear and says its best to stay. It probably is now to just stay with arum he has like 1 or 2 fights left. He should have left long ago like Oscar Floyd and cotto
        I said years ago that Manny should've done the same thing Floyd did before re-signing his extension with Arum.

Be independent and work with the networks to get the most possible money and keep the money in inside his camp. At that point he didn't need Arum because he was already an established star,

Comment

Manny still needs money because he is funding political campaigns for friends and family members (extremely expensive), building houses for the poor and probably wasting money in all types of business ventures. If he ends up broke, it's not Arum's fault.

As to why he is still with top rank...he probably feels comfortable there/grateful whether that is in his best interest or not.

Comment

Because manny is dumb and has an education of a 4th grader..

Plus manny always burns thru his money, so arum always advances him to keep him indebted

Comment

Pacquiao already invested his money quite well by being a part owner of an oil company and amny others. I dont get why you guus think he is broke.

Comment

my take is that arum got in through mike koncs, this guy is making off like a bandit in his dealings with paq. i know i would.

Comment

Manny is a first generation boxer, he wouldn't know where to begin promoting himself nor the business side of boxing.
                  It doesn't help that he is uneducated.

He also has a huge heart for his people and an even bigger ambition...
                  He made his choices and it worked out for him in the end.

For those saying Arum will milk him dry, who has Arum done that too?
                  Who has Arum driven to the poor house? Serious question, I would like to know.

And for those wishing Manny to go broke, that's wishful thinking at best.
                  He ain't going broke in PI at his current status.
                  He's a national treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    Pacquiao already invested his money quite well by being a part owner of an oil company and amny others. I dont get why you guus think he is broke.
                    He himself RECENTLY!! said he came back because he had to fight for money...this is common knowledge

Comment

Why do fighters stay with a promoter in general? why did Joe Louis, henry Armstrong, Ray robinson stay with their promoters? why does Rigondeaux stay with Caribe?

Fighters are obedient servants, especially those who came from the third world, they still believe in Loyalty its been like that when you are a poor boxer from the ghetto they remain loyal to those who give them money

Comment

Working...
                      X