U.S. womens soccer team demands equal pay after winning world cup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
    You have no clue

The US NATIONAL Women’s team generates much more revenue than the US men and are much more successful

They are simply asking to be paid as much as the men for representing their country

I will break it down:

FIFA pay the purses.

Womens football is a smaller global event. It does not generate as much revenue as mens football. This has nothing to do with the USA womens team, it has to do with Womens football in general. In short, its not watched as much as mens football and thus advertisers and investors do not invest in it as much; therefore FIFA cannot match the purses they pay out for mens football.

Mens football on the other hand and in particular the World Cup has been in existence since the 1900's. The world cup Trophy was known as the Jules Rimet Trophy until Brazil beat Italy in 1970 4-1 in the final and kept that trophy since that was the 3rd time they had won it.

The mens worldcup is a huge global event and has been for the last 60 or more years. The pubs here in England are ram packed across the nation when the Mens england team play. The same way every pub in every country is ram packed when their mens national team plays.

All the big boys invest and advertise in the mens worldcup and every game is shown on TV. People take time off work to catch the games.

Womens football does not compare in magnitude. There is simply no comparison.

Therefore FIFA are able to provide highet purses since a lot more revenue is generated.

In short the mens world cup event generates a whole lot more money than the womens world cup event. This has nothing to do with Americas womens world cup team. They are a small element in a global movement that is not as big as its male counterparts.

Womens football is a smaller event

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
      This isn't about USA men vs women teams, this is about women's World Cup winner vs the men's World Cup winner.
      Good lad !!!

Comment

Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
        Good lad !!!
        Women’s team original claim was to be paid same as men for ordinary international I.e. no FIFA

If they’re demanding equal pay to men’s WC, then they’re nuts & can go kick rocks

Comment

Women have to take their gripe up with a higher power. Men were created superior.

Comment

I dunno they’re the best at women’s ‘soccer’ because people have only just started half caring about it.

In that the big European clubs have women’s teams and those teams training in top academies with top coaches.

The issue is that it’s still not that good. So there’s that competitive argument. I’ve enjoyed it because the attitude of the players was good and there are some decent players

The US World Cup winners as good as they are would not beat a decent Dog and Duck men’s pub side.

They’ve lost to an u-15 boy’s team before ‘Dallas Academy.’ And I doubt they’re actually any good.

And maybe they can’t get that much better anyway. It’s just too slow.
            Last edited by Sparked_26; 07-09-2019, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X