No announcement yet.

Get ready for another DAZN price hike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
    I could see guys like you and Pandas having ego wars for technology.

Ideally if businesses are losing money or don’t see return, they don’t continue to expand in territories around the world unless of course you think it’s free... Last 3 months DAZN invested in Spain and recently Brazil.

Social Media wasn’t even strong when Netflix entered the game. What DAZN does right is focus on territories in their actual language, marketing.

ESPN+ and UFC have were the leading examples streaming, but DAZN is taking it to the next step.

Look at how many people watched Crawford or Loma and the subscriber count ratio compared to DAZN.

The main reason why DAZN America’s will be big is because of the Hispanic market. I think PBC shills and ESPN diehards need to realize that they will take over the Hispanic market and they’re already putting the effort in it.

WAR DAZN
    I don't care about Spain, Brazil or none of that. America is what matters

DAZN with close to $11.5 million in user spending, which represented 9.5x growth from May 2018. Thirty-seven percent of that revenue was from the United States, followed by 6.5
    The next closest was 36 percentage points lower. The money is in America

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
      The matchroom UK and matchroom Italy cards are not really big cards, some bad, some evenly matched, but lack top fighters.

The US cards are on average better than average / good in my opinion.

Good:
      - Hooker Vs Ramirez + Gassiev and Farmer mandatory defense
      - Cancio Vs Machado II, Acosta big upset
      - Andrade Vs Sulecki, bad undercard, at least yafai title fight
      - Joshua Vs Ruiz (because of the upset)
      - Alvarez Vs Jacobs
      - WBSS Prograis Vs Relikh + Donaire Vs replacement
      - WBSS Taylor Vs Baranchyk + Inoue Vs Rodriguez
      - Rungvisai Vs Estrada II, Roman Vs Doheny + Vargas
      - Machado Vs Cancio I + Rey Vargas

average:
      - Bivol Vs Smith + Hooker Vs LesPierre
      - Munguia Vs Inoue + Rojas Vs Xu

Weak:
      - Haney Vs Moran + Hrgovic (Usyk injured though)
      - Munguia Vs Hogan
      - Farmer Vs Carroll + Sulecki Vs Rosado
      - Andrade Vs Akavov + Linares Vs Cano

So not sure where the criticism is coming from. PBC and DAZN offer the same level of fights. Top rank comes in last. And if you are looking at the level of fights currently compared to when they launched, dazn has improved a lot.
      Many of the new signings get an easy touch for their first fight on the platform (GGG, Parker, Hrgovic, Haney), but I expect them to face much better opposition in their second outing.
      Don’t know brother but it’s just been hit or miss for me. I thank DAZN for showing boxing but I feel as though there’s a lot of filler and not enough real fights getting made. Fights are getting done but it takes 1-2 years to make a simple 12 round fight. I feel like it’s just a waste of dates, they want more viewers start taking risks.

Watch Joshua-Ruiz break records for DAZN in the rematch and it’s because of the upset if Ruiz didn’t destroy Joshua then we would of gotten another terrible AJ defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Im not sure if that paragraph ever made sense. If the us has the biggest share with 37 % and is followed by Japan with 6.5% while operating in 9 markets, it cant really add up to 100% with the remaining markets.

Comment

I hope they do, they are too cheap at the moment. They have already put on decent match ups for the little money they are charging, if people want more then they should increase their prices. The Canelo/Jacobs and Joshua/Ruiz fights alone is less than in terms of money paid on PPV cards. So if they want to hike their prices i hope they are supported by the boxing community because they are still a lot more cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
            The matchroom UK and matchroom Italy cards are not really big cards, some bad, some evenly matched, but lack top fighters.

The US cards are on average better than average / good in my opinion.

Good:
            - Hooker Vs Ramirez + Gassiev and Farmer mandatory defense
            - Cancio Vs Machado II, Acosta big upset
            - Andrade Vs Sulecki, bad undercard, at least yafai title fight
            - Joshua Vs Ruiz (because of the upset)
            - Alvarez Vs Jacobs
            - WBSS Prograis Vs Relikh + Donaire Vs replacement
            - WBSS Taylor Vs Baranchyk + Inoue Vs Rodriguez
            - Rungvisai Vs Estrada II, Roman Vs Doheny + Vargas
            - Machado Vs Cancio I + Rey Vargas

average:
            - Bivol Vs Smith + Hooker Vs LesPierre
            - Munguia Vs Inoue + Rojas Vs Xu

Weak:
            - Haney Vs Moran + Hrgovic (Usyk injured though)
            - Munguia Vs Hogan
            - Farmer Vs Carroll + Sulecki Vs Rosado
            - Andrade Vs Akavov + Linares Vs Cano
            What is your criteria for calling Farmer vs Carroll and Sulecki vs Rosado weak?

Sulecki vs Rosado was one of the best action fights this year imo.

Comment

Total Global gross is how executives allocate money to different territories.

You’re trying too hard trying to justify what you think is niche. Lol.

You like a niche sport of boxing to the mainstream because it fits your pro-Haymon agenda. If it’s on an “app” then ideally you’d also slam the Showtime app that it’s stupid for boxing to be shown there... but you know Showtime is costly so you won’t bring that up!

bigdunny1

Comment

Finally people are realizing this.

They are living off investor money. Same way PBC lost a ton of money by over spending on fights.

I was saying last fall there is no way they can afford to pay Canelo those kind of purses but people were saying oh no its streaming its the new thing, you cant compare it to ppv, they will get more subscriptions blah blah blah.

I have DAZN myself for the yearly price. That and Netflix, Amazon Prime and PSN. All occasionally raise rates, I will cancel if they get too high.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
                  Don’t know brother but it’s just been hit or miss for me. I thank DAZN for showing boxing but I feel as though there’s a lot of filler and not enough real fights getting made. Fights are getting done but it takes 1-2 years to make a simple 12 round fight. I feel like it’s just a waste of dates, they want more viewers start taking risks.

Watch Joshua-Ruiz break records for DAZN in the rematch and it’s because of the upset if Ruiz didn’t destroy Joshua then we would of gotten another terrible AJ defense.

I just wish the thing would work reliably. I was up at 5 am last weekend and they had some live fight streaming from japan I think it was. I was like wow thats cool, live fight at 5am, tried to check it out and the stream drops and get some lame service interrupted message, what a pile of chit. They cant even stream a "filler" fight during off hours.

Comment

Boxing wasn't up for grabs either. Eddie Hearn sold them of dream of signing all these PBC fighters and it never happened. HBO suddenly going out of business is what's carried them this far. They would really be ****ed if HBO was still in business. They got lucky. Then overpaid a bunch of fighters.
                    Boxing is ALWAYS up for grabs. Thats why HBO marched right in & showed the HW championship of the world in their first fight. And thats why DAZN gots the biggest name in the game on a 5 year deal before they've even completed an entire year in the US.

Agree Eddie has been mostly sucking donkey dick with his US run. I suspect GBP should take over Eddie's deal at some point.

And I agree they got lucky that they were coming in right when HBO was leaving. I think things woulda ended up the same way do it'd just have taken DAZN to get where its already at. And honestly it mighta been better for them if they didn't get into the big business of boxing right outta the gate. Mighta been better to work out more kinks before going right into Canelo fights.

Idc about the overpaying stuff. Boxers are worth whatever they can get. Said that with PBC guys yesterday. Will say that about DAZN guys today.

Comment

Consistently being correct about DAZN, PBC, and HBO like I've been is rare also.

Before I started my own stuff I did cable installation for 10 years. I've been in tens of thousands of homes. I know people viewing habits. I know ease of access. I know customer education. DAZN has failed horribly on ease of access and customer education. That should've been their primary focus (along with getting their service to consistently stream without freezing and buffering). Especially the customer education. The most common trouble call for cable/satellite is "no picture/signal" most of the times the dispatcher will fix it over the phone. You know what the problem is? TV on the wrong input. But still sometimes they got thru and techs had to be sent out. Another one of my favs was box not working. Customers would get the all in one remote off sync. When they pressed the power button the box would turn off and the tv would turn on. They didn't realize to fix it simple press the power button designated for the cable box. Basically what I'm saying is customers are stupid and must be educated. And they aren't going the extra mile to educate themselves just for boxing.

Throwing good money after bad isn't smart. The numbers don't add up and there is no vodoo economics you can do to make the numbers make sense.
                      If you know all that I'd assume you'd understand there is a learning curve with people adopting new technology/options with something like DAZN & ESPN+.

When Amazon first come on the scene they were losing money left & right & only selling books ffs. Now they are among the biggest companies in the world & sell f#cking everything.

You just don't go 0 to 60. Its ALWAYS a slow start with a new ent^ty specifically when its taken up in a opposing sphere/marketplace that people are fully acquainted with.

Comment

Working...
                      X