Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barrera 'Bitter' About Shabranskyy Getting Title Shot Before Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minemax View Post
    And I completely understand Barrera on this one! That's just ridiculous. Shabranskyy is obviously a cherry-picked opponent for Kovalev.
    Here, let's look at the WBO rankings: wboboxing.com/wp-content/pdf/1710WBORankingasofOct2017.pdf
    What are they for, I wonder?
    How does a #2 fighter and #10 fighter fight the title, it should be Kovalev vs Gvodyk

Comment

Glad Barrera doesn't get any sympathy. He denied the fans an interesting fight. Not much intrigue in the Shabransky fight. Kovalev-Barrera would have been a thriller. So glad he got punished for that, if indirectly.

Comment

Originally posted by observer View Post
        Glad Barrera doesn't get any sympathy. He denied the fans an interesting fight. Not much intrigue in the Shabransky fight. Kovalev-Barrera would have been a thriller. So glad he got punished for that, if indirectly.
        Why? Because he wanted a raise if he won the first time... Why not fight without a rematch clause?

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
          barrera was offered the kovalev fight!!!

He ran
          No he didn't. he agreed for $300k and not the same amount if he won and the rematch was were to happens. They never offered a title fight, and that is what he wanted all along...

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
            It's Barrera's own fault at the end of the day. Why would he pass on the chance to fight Kovalev? Obviously Main Events wanted to keep it in house but Barrera passed on the chance to Main Event on HBO.

You can't fault Golden Boy Promotions or Slava. It's a chance that they had to take and I'm glad they stepped up to take it.

Risk taking is a part of the sport and right now their is a bad trend of fighters not willing to take it.
            It wasn't about risk. A guy that has fought ward, undefeated shabransky and joe smith, back to back to back, is not afraid. He was willing to fight kovalev for 300k and wanted a raise if for the rematch. I think it was not an unfair demand.

Comment

with the fights hes turned down...i dunno

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                How does a #2 fighter and #10 fighter fight the title, it should be Kovalev vs Gvodyk
                MUCH better fight there.

****in boxing man.

Comment

Shabranskyy is going to lose anyway so Barrera need not to worry.
                  Its better for him to stay focus on his fight ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by minemax View Post
                    And I completely understand Barrera on this one! That's just ridiculous. Shabranskyy is obviously a cherry-picked opponent for Kovalev.
                    Here, let's look at the WBO rankings: wboboxing.com/wp-content/pdf/1710WBORankingasofOct2017.pdf
                    What are they for, I wonder?
                    You are aware that Barrera was offered to fight Kovalev, and he refused, twice... I hope you knew that before typing your BS...

Comment

I would be in Barrera's corner on this one but seeing how he turned down the Kovalev fight, it actually makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X