No announcement yet.

James Toney vs. Nigel Benn in 1993

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Toney vs. Nigel Benn in 1993

Who do you think wins? I think Toney is just too skilled and think he even stops Benn.
    James Toney
    70.37%
    Nigel Benn
    29.63%

The poll is expired.

Toney would have destroyed Benn..

Too much defensive skill, chin, and thunderous counters by Toney would be too much for benn..

Benn was tailor made to get dissected by Toney, much like Barkley

I also felt Eubanks matched up much better vs toneys skillset

Comment

Great fight... 160lbs/168lbs Toney was an absolute savage as was Benn.
      Defense has to go to James, I defo see this going 12 & Toney getting a win.

Comment

I would pick Toney over Benn by UD or possible late round stoppage. Better all-around boxer.

Comment

An in shape Toney handles this one but Toney wasn't always in shape.

Comment

Toney would have dissected benn and knock him out late.

Toney already got Him and Eubank all rattled at that one talk show. Eubank was on the verge of tears amd Benn was all silent and terrified.

Toney would have destroyed these two guys.

James Toney is greater than hopkins as well.

JAMes toney is what you call a natural fighter, a throwback fighter from the 1940s.

Comment

fantastic matchup, toney probobly wins via UD but never count out the Dark destroyer.

Eubank V Toney is a much better fight imo. would of been a slobberknocker

Comment

James Toney would win in my opinion if he trained hard and was in shape which wasn't always the case with Toney.

Comment

Nigel Benn was tailor made for James Toney he would out class him

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    fantastic matchup, toney probobly wins via UD but never count out the Dark destroyer.

Eubank V Toney is a much better fight imo. would of been a slobberknocker
                    Eubanks had a great chin. Wondering how he would eat Toney's combinations.

Comment

Working...
                    X