No announcement yet.

Ricky Hatton vs Andrien Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    hatton would beat broner for sure. THing is he did actually give mayweather some tough rounds. ALso holds a great win over tsyzu. Hatton looked a lot worse against pacquiao than he actually is, style wise it was a horrific match up, hatton charging in against arguably one of the greatest offensive fighters theres ever been. Broner wouldnt have much to deter hatton from coming in, you saw how he reacted to pressure from porter and maidana, absolutely terribly. Hatton would have smotherd him all night
    I could definitely see hatton winning, he'd take some hellacious shots

Broner has good counter, speed and hits harder than floyd.

This was a good fantasy fight...wouldve been awesome

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      I take broner...he is undefeated below 147 and it took some big welterweights to outwork him and push him around a little

Hatton is quicker of hand and foot than porter and maidana but he is easier to counter and jumps into shots

Also he is a tad shorter than Broner with a short reach

close fight, i think the counters wear Hatton down

Close competitive fight Broner wins
      Does 144 against Porter not count as below 47?

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
        Does 144 against Porter not count as below 47?
        let me specify....he is undefeated below weltweight....better?

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          Who do you think would win this match up? Prime Ricky or Prime Broner?
          Prime Hatton @ 140 was a monster...

His inside game was too much. His feet would be too quick for Broner to catch him on the way in... He'd stay in Broner's chest, and maul him all night.

Broner might score a flash KD, and/or take some rounds wherein he landed some clean, harder, more visible shots.

My guess is 115-112; 116-111; 114-113 type UD for Hatton.

Comment

I take broner...he is undefeated below 147 and it took some big welterweights to outwork him and push him around a little

Hatton is quicker of hand and foot than porter and maidana but he is easier to counter and jumps into shots

Also he is a tad shorter than Broner with a short reach

close fight, i think the counters wear Hatton down

Close competitive fight Broner wins
            Good analysis... It all depends on how well Broner can catch/time Hatton on his way in.

You're right in that Hatton tends to leap inside, and jump in at times, rather than working his way in behind a jab, and head movements/bobs/weaves...

Hatton had ridiculously short arms - lol the gloves sometimes would like be halfway up his forearm... However, that short reach is what enabled him to be such a beast on the inside... Those short arms allowed him to turn over quick, powerful hooks, and uppercuts on the inside, where his opponents punches couldn't turn over as quick, and longer arms would get tangled up, and their power would be greatly inhibited.

It's a 50/50 fight, really.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
              Good analysis... It all depends on how well Broner can catch/time Hatton on his way in.

You're right in that Hatton tends to leap inside, and jump in at times, rather than working his way in behind a jab, and head movements/bobs/weaves...

Hatton had ridiculously short arms - lol the gloves sometimes would like be halfway up his forearm... However, that short reach is what enabled him to be such a beast on the inside... Those short arms allowed him to turn over quick, powerful hooks, and uppercuts on the inside, where his opponents punches couldn't turn over as quick, and longer arms would get tangled up, and their power would be greatly inhibited.

It's a 50/50 fight, really.
              agreed...hatton is what he is....If broner stinks up the joint like he did with Porter, he loses

if he fights as an aggressive counterpuncher like he did vs Abdullaev and Demarco, he wins a close one

that was funny AF....Hatton looked like the kids at my gym with 16 oz sparring gloves on when he was in the ring lol

Comment

agreed...hatton is what he is....If broner stinks up the joint like he did with Porter, he loses

if he fights as an aggressive counterpuncher like he did vs Abdullaev and Demarco, he wins a close one

that was funny AF....Hatton looked like the kids at my gym with 16 oz sparring gloves on when he was in the ring lol
                Agreed... Broner definitely has the "higher ceiling," if you will, than Hatton (who during his prime you knew exactly what you were getting every fight).

Lol that is exactly what it reminds me of now that you put that imagery in my head.

Comment

50/50 fight, broner check hook vs hatton flurries./

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
                    what the hell is prime broner? lol
                    It's similar to a pee hard on.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
                      Agreed... Broner definitely has the "higher ceiling," if you will, than Hatton (who during his prime you knew exactly what you were getting every fight).

Lol that is exactly what it reminds me of now that you put that imagery in my head.
                      he wasnt an atg but people really underrated Hatton after he lost to floyd, yet over rated him after the TSZYU win

imo He is a hall of famer and one of the better 140 champions of all-time....maybe not top ten but he'd give em hell.

Hatton vs Mayweather pitted 2 of my favorite fighters together in their prime....i cant wait for ward vs kov for the same reason

Comment

Working...
                      X