Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Alien" Hopkins vs "Krusher" Kovalev Post fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the curious things about the telecast was the back and forth between Lamp and RJ. Lampley is the announcer for the fights. He has an obvious second responsibilty: overhype any future HBO PPV prospects, such as Kovalev .

For whatever reason, this seemed to annoy Roy Jones, and he made it a point to trip up Lampley's Kovalev bias with Hopkins praise. It was odd, because this had to be the nicest RJ has ever been towards Hopkins! RJ did talk about Hopkins' notorious tactics after the push down, so that slipped out . But he spent most of the fight keeping Lampley from burying Hopkins.

It got ridiculous in the last round, when RJ was saying Kovalev was in danger of getting knocked out-as he was beating the hell out of Hopkins !!! RJ had some motive...Kovalev was not very professional when he humiliated RJ's promoted boxer a couple fights ago ...that may have been it, who knows.

Comment

• so you guys know, jim lampley did an interview of bhop for this fight and there would appear to be evidence of bad speech, etc...signs of damage that only a neurologist would examine and document. This needs to be done. The boxing fans are not exactly rocket scientists, and when you have a guy like delahoya promoting the next fight for bhop, rather than obvous 50 year old man safety, well, that is all you need to know about oscar. I think all people especially the boxing press, should squash b hop's idea to fight again. HE HAS NO CONCEPT OF BRAIN TRAUMA. .....the question is, do boxing fans care at all??>?? His speech pattern bothers me, so listen to it my friends. I will weigh in later about this, ....for those who care, the NFL has hidden this sort of trauma evidence forever and they will continue to do so, but no ifs ands or buts, bernard is a 50 year old man. That is it, no other considerations should be involved. 'Sergey Kovalev, post fight, said very quickly that BERNARD HOPKINS SHOULD RETIRE....even sergey knows this, and one of his opponents died from brain damage. Sergey knows this, he knows what happened to one of his opponents. The sport needs to go after dela Hoya, and shout him down, that is my opinion. Health comes first fellas.

Comment

• Bernard can roll with the punches, thats for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHO_RULEZ View Post

It got ridiculous in the last round, when RJ was saying Kovalev was in danger of getting knocked out-as he was beating the hell out of Hopkins !!! RJ had some motive...Kovalev was not very professional when he humiliated RJ's promoted boxer a couple fights ago ...that may have been it, who knows.
          That was insane. B-Hop was getting battered at that point and Roy's analysis was "Kovalev's in bad trouble"

Comment

One of the curious things about the telecast was the back and forth between Lamp and RJ. Lampley is the announcer for the fights. He has an obvious second responsibilty: overhype any future HBO PPV prospects, such as Kovalev .

For whatever reason, this seemed to annoy Roy Jones, and he made it a point to trip up Lampley's Kovalev bias with Hopkins praise. It was odd, because this had to be the nicest RJ has ever been towards Hopkins! RJ did talk about Hopkins' notorious tactics after the push down, so that slipped out . But he spent most of the fight keeping Lampley from burying Hopkins.

Roy was giving Hopkins the proper respect as a legend that if Kovalev stands in there, it gives Hopkins his only chance of winning at that point. He also likely didn't know that Kovalev was tripped up and not hurt earlier that round, so he thought Hopkins had shown he could hurt Kovalev.

He wasn't wrong, he just underestimated how in control Kovalev was and how incapable Hopkins was of changing things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              sergey looks like troll face

Evidently that's mind games... he got in his mind

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                You were right, Jas. But I can't believe you had the balls to tweet Bernard Hopkins with fight advice

Jas a G. lol

Comment

I thought Kovalev was in trouble for a while too, so did Kellerman in his commentary. The replay showed not, but it wasn't obvious at the time.

Comment

• The alien is one tough mother ****er

Comment

Working...
                    X