No announcement yet.

Greatest Japanese fighter of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
    Great post. Thanks for the insight. The problem is that their is not a lot of available footage of these tremendous fighters. Every great Japanese Wrestler of the last 30 years there is footage available, but not so with the boxers.
    Yes, that's sadly very true. Though I'm sure the fights I mentioned up there should be available somewhere. They are very famous fights. Check youtube or the trading block here for them. You should be able to find them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem View Post
      I hear Ippo Makunochi's pretty good but i dont know if i would call him the greatest
      That damn Ippo Makunochi and his Dempsey roll

Comment

My favorite Japanese fighter is Shinji Takehara. Won the WBC middleweight title and is the highest weight champion in Japanese History.

He was a hard hitter, I think he went 24-1 with like 18 KOs.

Lost to William Joppy after only one defense but I did like watching him fight. It's kind of a what if thing in my opnion, thinking about what would've been had he not detached a retina after the Joppy fight.

Comment

Another excellent Japanese fighter was Eijiro Murata. His only two losses were to the great Jeff Chandler, and within one year he fought both the WBC champ Lupe Pintor and the WBA champ Chandler to 15 round draws. With some luck, he would have been the 188 pound crown. Pintor wisely never fought him again, but Chandler, showing he was the best 118 pounder of his time, gave Murata two rematches.

Comment

Doesn't Japan need to produce a noteable fighter before such a thread is warranted? Just because Uncle Paulie made Rocky wear a Kimono robe in the first film, it doesn't mean that he's Japanese! Maybe they should stick to karate and the like

Comment

Fighting Harada

Comment

Koichi Wajima is worth a mention.. He was a 2 time WBA L/M champ between 71 & 76, as well as a feared puncher with an all out attacking style.. Not as good as Harada though..

Comment

Joichiro Tatsuyoshi was known as a japanese boxing hero, But IMO Fighting Harada.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Cougar View Post
                    Joichiro Tatsuyoshi was known as a japanese boxing hero, But IMO Fighting Harada.
                    Joe Tatsuyoshi is a guy who has been overrated for a his courage and aggresiveness for a long time. We all saw what happened when he got into the ring with an elite fighter in Sahaprom.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X