No announcement yet.

End of Net Neutrality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    What do you need an article for, its common sense. Also why would these behemoths want to limit which website you go to, or have you pay for them a la carte? I could see that having a negative effect on traffic, because now if you are comcast and say you own google and youtube, then you lose a whole swathe of customers who would be say on Verizon which owns yahoo, and vice versa. And how exactly would that work with other countries internet? For instance if I use a VPN my provider wouldn't be able to restrict me. This the internet we are talking about, where people find a way around having free music, tv, movies, and pr0n, what makes you think this will be any different.
    Because he bigger websites and App developers will pay to get the most traffic via search, features, etc.

And they can also pay to get rid of the smaller guys.

This isn't rocket science. Why don't you actually read some articles before running your mouth for once.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
      You sound as stupid as your avi looks. You a cokehead too?
      Yeah I sniff it right out your mothers slop bucket pu$$y after I bash her in the head with the time Warner Internet modem.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        Those and others but I am just wondering if you came across and article that shared the same views as you do.
        Basically the internet will go back to the FTC keeping an eye on ISPs and making sure they are transparent with their practices while allowing the internet marketplace to thrive under less regulation like it did prior to NN coming into place. The end of the world scenarios on here really only work if the world ended before NN took hold. And well, we're still here.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...g-the-internet

Comment

just another thing Trump has ruined.

and i think this pretty much takes the cake as far as im concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            What do you need an article for, its common sense. Also why would these behemoths want to limit which website you go to, or have you pay for them a la carte? I could see that having a negative effect on traffic, because now if you are comcast and say you own google and youtube, then you lose a whole swathe of customers who would be say on Verizon which owns yahoo, and vice versa. And how exactly would that work with other countries internet? For instance if I use a VPN my provider wouldn't be able to restrict me. This the internet we are talking about, where people find a way around having free music, tv, movies, and pr0n, what makes you think this will be any different.
            Common sense isn't popular around here.

You need to post an article that tells us what to think and we'll do it.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
              How Will there be more ISPs dummy when the big providers own all the cables and poles?

They bought up all the competition and in most of the country people only have the choice of one provider or crappy satellite internet
              Before NN, the majority of Americans had 4-6 choices on ISPs, stupid ass.

Comment

Here's how the end of net neutrality works.

Espn says hey Verizon, I want to be the top website for anything boxing related.
                Verizon: pay us 100 million dollars and you will have your wish for 10 years
                Espn: ok

All other boxing websites are gone overnight from that provider. That's what gutting net neutrality will do.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                  Here's how the end of net neutrality works.

Espn says hey Verizon, I want to be the top website for anything boxing related.
                  Verizon: pay us 100 million dollars and you will have your wish for 10 years
                  Espn: ok

All other boxing websites are gone overnight from that provider. That's what gutting net neutrality will do.
                  No, ESPN would have the top spot- not the only spot.

And why would you use the decaying ESPN which is clearly in decline as an example? Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                    Basically the internet will go back to the FTC keeping an eye on ISPs and making sure they are transparent with their practices while allowing the internet marketplace to thrive under less regulation like it did prior to NN coming into place. The end of the world scenarios on here really only work if the world ended before NN took hold. And well, we're still here.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...g-the-internet
                    Okay. Let's watch and see but allowing websites to pay to get speedy priority will always favour the wealthier websites. I see your boy, Pai, used a healthcare example but we know that won't be who will be dominating the speed buying.

Comment

https://www.fcc.gov/ go down to leadership and email the people directly

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X