No announcement yet.

CONFIRMED: Undefeated Heavyweight Hughie Fury Makes Ring Return on July 8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CONFIRMED: Undefeated Heavyweight Hughie Fury Makes Ring Return on July 8

Hughie Fury returns July 8 at Copper Box, building towards Joseph Parker title shot

Peter Fury said: “Hughie has recovered from the back injury that kept him out of his World title fight with Parker and he is itching to get back in the ring next month. We are treating this fight as a warm-up to the big one later this year. The division is certainly opening up with plenty of opportunities and we are confident that Hughie is going to figure dominantly for years to come.”

Promoter Frank Warren said: “Hughie is one of the best and most exciting young Heavyweight prospects in the World and I’m delighted to add him to our stacked July 8 Copper Box Arena card. He needs to get this warm-up fight out of the way before he faces Parker later in the year. I am confident that the WBO Heavyweight belt will once again be in possession of the Fury family come the end of the year.”

Hughie said: “I can’t wait to get back under the lights and do what I do best,” said Fury. “I was disappointed to miss out my shot against Parker but this is boxing and injuries happen all of the time. I will get my shot at the WBO Heavyweight belt later this year and follow in the footsteps of Tyson.”
    Last edited by NahMean; 06-22-2017, 07:49 AM.

Looks like the tune-up he was going to have on the Steve Wood show has just been moved to this Warren card

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
      Damon, he gets to fight tuneups when he's the mandatory challenger? Team Parker is so sad ducking Wilder while Hughie gives them the run around.

Comment

Working...
      X