Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBA, IBF, (IBO) Unification fight - Ricky Burns Vs Julius Indongo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Indongo, but outside of the KO of Troya I see very little impressive with him outside of his size in this particular matchup. With Burns being durable & on home turf & Indongo not being the most aggressive guy seemingly I think Indongo needs to win by clearly outboxing Burns over 12 preferably with a KD or two to get some insurance on a fair decision in a fight that'll likely have many close rounds that could by default be given to Burns.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
      Yes, but to be compared to the greats at 140 competition will have to be taken in consideration.
      No he's not an all time great or anything. There are maybe only a couple good fights left in that division. He'll be doubted until he can get to 147.

Comment

Kinda rooting for Indongo to knock him out only because I think Indongo would look to unify with Crawford while I don't think Ricky Burns would he will just hold those Belts Hostage and fight weak opponents in Glasgow

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          Kinda rooting for Indongo to knock him out only because I think Indongo would look to unify with Crawford while I don't think Ricky Burns would he will just hold those Belts Hostage and fight weak opponents in Glasgow
          same, and i think its the most likely outcome.

Indongo most probably knows he cant win on the cards, Burns lost his last fight V that random bum from Belarus.....was dropped, the reff said it was a slip and of course Eddie ' the envelope' hearn then had the scorecards at the ready

I like Burns, nice fella and my familys from Scotland but for the sake of not wanting to watch him fight anymore.....

Dongo KO round 1. please.

Comment

Where does this rank in the worst unification fights ever?

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              same, and i think its the most likely outcome.

Indongo most probably knows he cant win on the cards, Burns lost his last fight V that random bum from Belarus.....was dropped, the reff said it was a slip and of course Eddie ' the envelope' hearn then had the scorecards at the ready

I like Burns, nice fella and my familys from Scotland but for the sake of not wanting to watch him fight anymore.....

Dongo KO round 1. please.
              While I think that the knockdown should have count, the fight without the knockdown was pretty close. I had the first two rounds for Relikh, because burns didnt do much and relikh was the aggressor and landed some shots.

Third round was close, because Burns started to get the timing right. Scored it for Burns.

Round 4-9 was all for Burns. He controlled the fight from the outside, made Relikh look silly and caught him clean, whenever he tried to close the distance (Round 6 was closer, because relikh upped the pressure and had burns on the ropes, but didnt do enough).

The tide turned in the 10th round. Relikh hurt Burns in the 10th and the 11th and pushed the fight in the 12th.

Without the knockdown I had it 115-113 for Burns, but wouldnt be suprised if somehow had it 115-113 Relikh. The 118-110 scorecard was a joke though.

Comment

Indongo vs Crawford will be great.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                  While I think that the knockdown should have count, the fight without the knockdown was pretty close. I had the first two rounds for Relikh, because burns didnt do much and relikh was the aggressor and landed some shots.

Third round was close, because Burns started to get the timing right. Scored it for Burns.

Round 4-9 was all for Burns. He controlled the fight from the outside, made Relikh look silly and caught him clean, whenever he tried to close the distance (Round 6 was closer, because relikh upped the pressure and had burns on the ropes, but didnt do enough).

The tide turned in the 10th round. Relikh hurt Burns in the 10th and the 11th and pushed the fight in the 12th.

Without the knockdown I had it 115-113 for Burns, but wouldnt be suprised if somehow had it 115-113 Relikh. The 118-110 scorecard was a joke though.
                  LOL i forgot it was 118-110, jesus christ

Dunno why im laughing, some of Hearn's Card's last year were some of the worst and most blatant cases of corruption in the sport

Dongo needs a KO no doubt about it

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I like Indongo, but outside of the KO of Troya I see very little impressive with him outside of his size in this particular matchup. With Burns being durable & on home turf & Indongo not being the most aggressive guy seemingly I think Indongo needs to win by clearly outboxing Burns over 12 preferably with a KD or two to get some insurance on a fair decision in a fight that'll likely have many close rounds that could by default be given to Burns.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRQ5DwKuMrI

Just found a small highlight video. Doesnt tell much about the whole story of the fights, but he looked pretty aggressive in there.

Comment

Hell yeaaah. Made good money

Comment

Working...
                      X