Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Sergio Martinez would of whooped both Canelo and GGG that night.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Sergio Martinez would of whooped both Canelo and GGG that night.

He is the real MW king. He would throw combinations that GGG would just cover up from. And Sergio had the stamina and consistency to win comfortably, maybe a couple shaky moments.

Canelo doesn't have the footwork to cut the ring off Martinez nor does he have the work rate. Martinez would have prob get hit with some flashy punches from time to time but his speed and stamina and angles would make Canelo look lost.

Also Martinez had KO power with his speed and timing that both GGG and Canelo would respect to not take too many risks
    Last edited by muslimer12; 09-19-2017, 09:18 AM.

Martinez would have been stopped inside the distance by GGG. He didn't have the power to keep him off of him. I do think Martinez would have had a better chance against Canelo, but no way does he put a "whooping" on him. It would be a very close fight that could go either way.

Comment

I see him beating both fighters, but i could also see both Canelo and GGG dropping Martinez. But a prime Martinez dances with this two.

Comment

ask paul wall if sergio has punch power

imo, martinez and williams between them would give ggg and canelo hell. ashane we didnt see williams canelo. if was finalised and then the accident happened.

martinez threw the im not looking hell marys which would ko anyone.

the martinez vs williams 2 fights were better than hopkins taylor fights that hbo overhyped. its like hopkins and taylor agreed when they were tired. just my opinion.

Comment

Man, Sergio in his prime while brief, was such a formidable fighter. I have a hard time picking against him at his peak. The angles, power, speed, southpaw stance, will to win, all of it was spectacular. I bet the fights with Canelo and Golovkin would be special though.

Comment

ironically Sergio had the chance to fight GGG he chose not to, so i can only go by the fact that Sergio in his prime chose not to fight GGG in his prime.

But its always nice to see these threads of what fighter A in his prime would do to Fighter B who he avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
              Man, Sergio in his prime while brief, was such a formidable fighter. I have a hard time picking against him at his peak. The angles, power, speed, southpaw stance, will to win, all of it was spectacular. I bet the fights with Canelo and Golovkin would be special though.

Very special, i was just thinking about the prime days of Martinez (Which was brief like you pointed out), and i could see the hands down, shoulders moving, back left foot on the canvas moving etc, eyes fixed looking for the opponent to throw so he could counter with his superior speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
                ironically Sergio had the chance to fight GGG he chose not to, so i can only go by the fact that Sergio in his prime chose not to fight GGG in his prime.

But its always nice to see these threads of what fighter A in his prime would do to Fighter B who he avoided.
                Nah that was a cripple Martinez. And i don't blame him for fighting Murray and Cotto. He paid his due and was done by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post

He probably knew that he didn't have the mobility anymore, and decided against it.

Comment

Lol. Martin Murray (one of Golovkin's KO victim) was arguably robbed against Sergio Martinez and was at times, more than holding his own in their fight and Martinez ended up in a very close fight against him. Yet somehow Martinez will defeat Golovkin with that much ease and such a big margin?

Golovkin does a repeat on Sergio Martinez as what he did to Martin Murray. He would break Martinez down by stalking him and applying pressure and then stop him late.

Comment

Working...
                    X