• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanchez vs Gomez

Siri vs Juanma

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
      I mean I said it was a classic - and how is it an excuse if its true?

He showed vast slippage in the Mayol and Iribe fights. His last good all around performance was in the Cazares rematch. He was 35 when he fought Segura and was a champion for 8 consecutive years before fighting him.

It took a kid younger, bigger, stronger, durable and at that point faster to finally beat him.

It was still a good win for Segura - but lets not act like anything in the above wasn't true. If anything, there should be great credit for Calderon, being as washed up as he was to make it a FOTY. Prime Calderon would have made easy work of Segura, just like a washed up Calderon had vast amounts of success before his legs gave away
      I get what you mean but its just like every fight though

Chavez-Camacho- Camacho on drugs
      Sanchez-Gomez- Gomez didnt train doe
      Cotto-Margarito 1- plaster wraps doe
      DLH-Trinidad- He ran doe

Comment

Gomez vs Zarate

Gomez 21-0-1 21 KO's

Zarate 55-0 54 KO's

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Edwin Rosario vs Jose Luis Ramirez 2

Comment

Chavez vs Laporte 1

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
              Gomez vs Zarate

Gomez 21-0-1 21 KO's

Zarate 55-0 54 KO's

[IMG][/IMG]
              Dude this fight was a throw back classic. In many aspects it reminded me of Trinidad / Campas to a much lesser degree in the sense Trinidad and Campas had similar records and many thought Don King was throwing Trinidad to the wolves with only 20 something fights and Campas 50 something.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                Dude this fight was a throw back classic. In many aspects it reminded me of Trinidad / Campas to a much lesser degree in the sense Trinidad and Campas had similar records and many thought Don King was throwing Trinidad to the wolves with only 20 something fights and Campas 50 something.

Great comparison....

Comment

when julio the kidd diaz got robbed against angel manfredy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                    Edwin Rosario vs Jose Luis Ramirez 2

Man, this was a sick fight. Rosario really had Ramirez in deep waters in that second round, amazing comeback in the third and spectacular ending with that finishing flurry in the 4th. Really good fight.

I also really enjoyed Sanchez vs Gomez, the atmosphere was sick. Even the entrances were entertaining.

In recent times I loved the all out slug wars between Siri and Lopez. Two defensively limited power punches throwing caution out the window and bombarding each other all night.

"Nuts and guts, folks!"

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      Good fight but Vargas was born in USA. All PR-Mex rivalry lists I've seen don't include Vargas De La Hoya or Danny Garcia for this reason. They aren't from Mexico or PR
                      Well then lets excuse all Cotto fights too he was born in Rhode Island.

Comment

Working...
                      X