No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn's first U.S. card drew 6,921 in attendance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    Your right It's good for Jacobs, but Hearn will have NO impact on U.S boxing, I guarantee it, everyone who knows the business, knows Eddie lucked in to his position at Sky. If you speak to REAL boxing men in the UK like Steve Goodwin, Denis Hobson etc they'll tell you exactly what Hearn is.
    Hearn is just a mouthpiece, he doesn't really know boxing, he just knows how to exploit the UK market, it's a completely different market in the US.
    I hate this notion that Hearn is some sort of great boxing mind, the first fight he promoted was Haye-Harrison FFS. Hearn's only real quality is he's a very good ticket seller. But those numbers last night shows he's only a good ticket seller in the UK, this car salesman BS won't wash in the U.S.
    I would like to give Eddie 2 years. He is not afraid to do small shows in the Yorke Hall for example which he did often in his early days.

A friend of mind called Ericke the Eagle Ochieng boxed under Hearns banner. Ericke has lost quite a lot and wasn't great, but it shows that Hearn was willing to keep and do small shows to build up.

As long as Hearn isn't afraid to do 50/50 fights, then I think he can be OK depending on who joins him. HBO and Showtime seem to be willing to work with him and we know that in the past, boxers were getting paid 1 million for quite poor opponents. There seemed to be a backlash on that in recent times so hopefully Hearn can put on good shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      Night seemed a bit stale to me, after all the promises, said he was gunna shake things up, just looked like regular US card. Needs to get the regular Matchroom DJ over there, barrels of Carling and **** cocaine.

He needs to play a bit of 'Sweet Caroline' next time. Get that party started.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Right. And all 6,921 to this card were bought and paid for.
        lol he didnt even respond ot my post, ignoring this is in jacobs hometown and has been on ppv, while wilder does like 12k in alabama

Comment

6,921 is decent considering this is their first show in the US. It will be interesting to see what kind of numbers Jacobs can draw in a years time, and if Hearn can get him 3 fights in 2018.

There's no better way to increase a boxer's profile than getting him in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
            lol he didnt even respond ot my post, ignoring this is in jacobs hometown and has been on ppv, while wilder does like 12k in alabama
            He's just trolling. Still, it's fun to lay the smackdown on him.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
              I would like to give Eddie 2 years. He is not afraid to do small shows in the Yorke Hall for example which he did often in his early days.

A friend of mind called Ericke the Eagle Ochieng boxed under Hearns banner. Ericke has lost quite a lot and wasn't great, but it shows that Hearn was willing to keep and do small shows to build up.

As long as Hearn isn't afraid to do 50/50 fights, then I think he can be OK depending on who joins him. HBO and Showtime seem to be willing to work with him and we know that in the past, boxers were getting paid 1 million for quite poor opponents. There seemed to be a backlash on that in recent times so hopefully Hearn can put on good shows.
              Hearn very rarely puts on good shows and essentially NEVER puts on real 50/50 fights, his cards are filled with olympians fighting journeymen most of the time😂😂 look at that last AJ card, there wasn't even one 50/50 fight.
              Hearn's a joker can't wait to see him chewed up and spat out.

Comment

Haymon doesn't spend any time or money building his fighters marketability.

Hence why he hasn't built one star in all the years he's been in the business, and hence why Showtimes #s have plummeted, and PBC is on it's deathbed.

so I'm not surprised Eddie Hearn trying to promote haymons guys, is drawing little interest, I didn't even know Jacobs fought on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post

Erick lost to a couple of good fighters from Reading, Tamuka Mucha and Asinia Byfield. Good tough jouneyman. Lotta respect for a guy like Ochieng

Looking at Brec, he has had four losses in a row preceeded by a draw. Is he coming to the end now or just a tough run (noticed they were all for Area or domestic belts)?

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    Hearn's gonna find out what happens when the big fish leaves the small pond. Your now in the ocean you essex rent boy, let's see Hearn try swimming with the sharks.
                    And BTW for anyone acting like this is some sort of success- Figueroa and Guerrero (two west coast Mexicans) fought in the very same arena and sold more tickets! Says it all.
                    He hasn't even got office space yet or a team based in America, pretty good considering.

He'll have a base in New York soon and employees working there full time, unlike for this show. He's building a new business there.

I wouldn't bet against him

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                      He hasn't even got office space yet or a team based in America, pretty good considering.

He'll have a base in New York soon and employees working there full time, unlike for this show. He's building a new business there.

I wouldn't bet against him
                      Heraniac alert!!!
                      I'd certainly back against him. I'd put my house on it. He's all talk. Who exactly is he gonna sign to take over in America? Jacobs ain't no ticket seller, Miller and Seldin are nobodies. He'll get chewed up and spat out!

Comment

Working...
                      X