Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every Fighter You Said Would Beat Floyd.... .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Nah, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying they would literally switch up just as soon as they saw serious negotiation.

And Floyd's legacy is that of an ATG. To say otherwise is stupid.
    I get what you were saying...I'm just saying only people who really wanted him to lose favoured his opponents. He was the favorite against all of them, except maybe corrales depending on who you listen to.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
      Pac would of had an even worse chance in 2010, you forget Pac could barely handle Marquez, I gave him no chance to beat a prime Mayweather, not sure why you think Pac would fare any differen't. Pac has never been a cerebral fighter and that's what he would of had to be to compete with Floyd.
      I don't personally think pac would have won...but he was more explosive and hadn't been viciously KOd. Just his athleticism, speed and punching power makes him live...he was a shell when they finally fought. What that fight not happening in 2010 did was rob Floyd of a career defining win over a prime atg fighter.

Comment

He's the best of his era just the issue will always be that he barely has any wins where he beat a good/great fighter at their peak outside of Corrales & Hatton. If he fought Cotto, Mosley & Pacquiao in their primes as well as fought Williams & beat all of them than there's absolutely no one that can hate on him outside of trolls just wanting to start stuff. But unfortunately he cared more about being a businessman than caring about having a much better legacy than he does now. Boxing historians will always hold that against him.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          I get what you were saying...I'm just saying only people who really wanted him to lose favoured his opponents. He was the favorite against all of them, except maybe corrales depending on who you listen to.
          Yeah, that's the point of this thread. People (not oddsmakers).

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Yeah, that's the point of this thread. People (not oddsmakers).
            How many of those people do you suppose actually thought he'd lose against anyone post dlh? I don't mean people who dksab or haters who wished he would take a L...

Comment

He never faught a fight where he wasnt heavy favorite tho. No one actually thought he was gonna lose any of his fights (except early in his career maybe).

Prime Mosley, Cotto, Manny I believe would have been much closer fights even tho I think Floyd would win

Comment

too true.

these so called fight fans give more credit to fighters they will never see in action (or see very little of) than a guy who has visual proof to his greatness.

wtmf
                talk about some dksab

Comment

Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
                  He never faught a fight where he wasnt heavy favorite tho. No one actually thought he was gonna lose any of his fights (except early in his career maybe).

Prime Mosley, Cotto, Manny I believe would have been much closer fights even tho I think Floyd would win
                  him being the favorite in every fight is a testament to his greatness.

Comment

prime for prime, p4p, no one beats may in his era.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                      him being the favorite in every fight is a testament to his greatness.
                      I agree

But the fights I mentioned would have had more narrow odds. As I said before I still think he would win...

Floyd VS Canelo was a joke fight for example. NO ONE thought Canelo was ready

Comment

Working...
                      X