No announcement yet.

Why would anybody sign with Top Rank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would anybody sign with Top Rank?

All they have is some Spanish channel, 3-4 annual HBO dates and PPVS that will sell less than 50k.

If a prospect had any sense at all and their manager had an IQ over 40... they would all go the PBC route.

Because he has the best proven track record of any promoter in boxing.

Who do you think built up Oscar's career? Floyd's career?

Some of the best promotional work I've ever seen in my life is what he did with Chavez Jr. He took a kid with no natural athletic talent, next to no boxing experience, and made him an undefeated world champion, generating Chavez millions, and millions of dollars.

He got olympic reject Crawford on HBO, and has made him millions, two-weight world champion, and in position to continue making millions and go for a third title at WW.

Arum is a brilliant promoter... He actually BUILDS fighters, as in he progresses them.

No doubt I'd sign with Arum too if I was a hot prospect coming into the game.

Arum is also a very, very smart man, and recognizes things other promoters don't like market changes, and overseas opportunities, etc.

He's been doing it since Ali days... Just about every major boxer from the 60's through today has been promoted for at least a little bit, by Arum.
    Last edited by Cheek busting; 03-07-2017, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Most guys sign with the best option available. PBC doesn't want everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
        Because he has the best proven track record of any promoter in boxing.

Who do you think built up Oscar's career? Floyd's career?

Some of the best promotional work I've ever seen in my life is what he did with Chavez Jr. He took a kid with no natural athletic talent, next to no boxing experience, and made him an undefeated world champion, generating Chavez millions, and millions of dollars.

He got olympic reject Crawford on HBO, and has made him millions, two-weight world champion, and in position to continue making millions and go for a third title at WW.

Arum is a brilliant promoter... He actually BUILDS fighters, as in he progresses them.

No doubt I'd sign with Arum too if I was a hot prospect coming into the game.

Arum is also a very, very smart man, and recognizes things other promoters don't like market changes, and overseas opportunities, etc.

He's been doing it since Ali days... Just about every major boxer from the 60's through today has been promoted for at least a little bit, by Arum.
        Hey BOB!

It's 2017... your shettay company is in a death spiral. Nobody uses the milkman or shoe cobblers anymore.

PBC is on another level completely

Comment

Originally posted by snoopymiller View Post
          Hey BOB!

It's 2017... your shettay company is in a death spiral. Nobody uses the milkman or shoe cobblers anymore.

PBC is on another level completely
          Lol shoe cobblers...

As a boxing fan, I enjoy PBC cards, and I enjoy HBO cards with TR fighters.

Whatever is best for boxing, and whoever puts on good fights I will tune in, and support.

Hopefully PBC will continue to do its thing, and hopefully HBO will continue to do its thing!

Unlike some of you, who are such fanboys you literally "support networks and promoters" over fighters, I just want to see fights! Whoever broadcasts them.

HBO isn't going anywhere, and hopefully PBC isn't either (despite the talks going around about all the money lost).

Comment

maybe because its the only one willing to sign you?

hmm... get fights with toprank? or dont fight at all AKA dont get paid coz i hate toprank?

tough question for a pro boxer innit?

Comment

Originally posted by baCCaT View Post
              maybe because its the only one willing to sign you?

hmm... get fights with toprank? or dont fight at all AKA dont get paid coz i hate toprank?

tough question for a pro boxer innit?
              Shakur Stevenson made a horrible choice lol

Comment

Boxing fans will always benefit the most when there is competition, and more than one "major promoter."

Lol some of you are pathetic...

TEAM HAYMON yeah! Hahah phaggots

Comment

Shakur Stevenson made a horrible choice lol

He could have been one of the first Olympians in the 2000s to begin his career on national TV. Coulda been brought up under Thurman undercards.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
                    Lol shoe cobblers...

As a boxing fan, I enjoy PBC cards, and I enjoy HBO cards with TR fighters.

Whatever is best for boxing, and whoever puts on good fights I will tune in, and support.

Hopefully PBC will continue to do its thing, and hopefully HBO will continue to do its thing!

Unlike some of you, who are such fanboys you literally "support networks and promoters" over fighters, I just want to see fights! Whoever broadcasts them.

Comment

Working...
                    X