Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawson trainer John Scully, breaks down the fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
    Also, under his thinking he should quit as a trainer because he never fought pro or even amateur from what I've heard so how could he be able to teach a guy to fight if he didnt do it himself??
    There have been some great trainers throughout history that weren't fighters though.

Other than that I understand where you're coming from.

I didn't know Naz was a 5%. I always thought that was some whacky ****. The whiteman was invented by an evil black scientist 6,000 years ago and his experiment went terribly wrong! Don't you know Iceman, you're the devil

lol but there are some pretty cool 5% though that keep it real despite some of the strange beliefs. I'm not a religious man myself so all religions have whacky **** as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by ИATAS; 11-04-2011, 02:50 PM.

Comment

more than that...this guy was interviewed the other day and he tried to act like he hardly knew me...actually said I had never been to his house in Philly...like I was LYING...man, could go to my diaries/boxing notebooks right now and tell u the exact date I picked his sons and nephews up there and brought them to the movies...
      lol, I'm sorry, that's bad, I could only imagine the shock on my face if someone did this to me

Comment

MEDVED, thats the word Ive been trying to think of...METAPHORS...I feel u 10000 pct. on that assessment...he uses the metaphors to sounds smart...I agree exactly 10000 pct...he did it in the interview, talking about street fighting in relation to fighting rough and if you've never been a street fighter than you can't teach a boxer to fight rough...which is EXTREMELY IGNORANT by the way. Also, under his thinking he should quit as a trainer because he never fought pro or even amateur from what I've heard so how could he be able to teach a guy to fight if he didnt do it himself?? He wants to have his cake and eat it too. But guess what? If that was a a street fight with Chad and Bernard, who would u say won? I'd say the guy laying on the ground in extreme painand unwilling to even try to get up lost the street fight, no???
        To be honest, BHOP teaches himself and knows 100x more than Nazim, I doubt Bhop would even listen to Nazim in a tight situation. Nazim is just there to keep Bhop from getting bored and have someone to talk to.

I hate BHOP, he is a very very dirty fighter. I dont like when Boxers resort to dirty tactics just to get a cheap gimmicky win. Instead of putting in the work in camp and over 12 rounds they go for the easy way out (ala David Haye dropping to his knees just so ref can take away a point from Wlad in hopes of getting a DQ)

Bhop is one of the dirtiest fighters in History but he does the most crying in the ring.

If Chad Dawson used the same dirty tactics that Bhop is known to use he would be the first one lining up to be crying on HBO on how unfair it is.

but since its BHOP doing all the dirty stuff its "A Veteran using his head to level the advantage" which is the biggest pile of BS I ever hear mentioned by HBO.

Its just pathetic, it isnt the Boxing I remember, I dont want to see fights decided because one guy fakes getting low-blowed and starts complaining to ref while at same time he headbutts and hits behind of head every time a ref turns around.

I wanna see the winner decided by punches and actual ring activity, BHOP should go to WWF, he can knock out opponents while ref is turned around or low blow people.

I would be pissed if I was Chad, he got jipped, If I was him I would try to get a better fight against someone like Pascal / Cloud / Adamek, someone who isnt going to come into the fight with 1 thing in their minds, that is "how do I cheat so I dont have to do any work inside the ring and make this as short as possible"

Comment

funny u say that because that has ALL crossed my mind...he is a "five percenter" from what a reporter who has interviewed him yesterday told me and, well, my one dealing with a 5 percenter ended with this female telling me that -basically- she couldnt associate with me anywhere but at work because 5 percenter men are not fans of my race. Basically.
          MOST muslims usually start out as fivers...not ALL but MOST....so its very possible he's been through the five percent door...and I agree with Natas...thats some whacky stuff they teach....then again some of the lessons are fruitful...like FATHER meaning to FAT HER with the true knowledge of herself and so on.....but MOST of the stuff is just flat out wack imo.....and IF Naz is taking what he got from the five pct. lessons and mixing it with his muslim beliefs then he's totally wrong for that.....Muslims look down on the five teachings....so I don't think its the five stuff Ice.....me being a Philly dude myself...North Philly to be exact....and I'll admit, we deal with things or see things different than most....one thing for sure is that we take the WAR thing deeply.....and with the oldman and Chad givng you and Naz the 5 star jobs.....not only was it soldier vs soldier but in Naz's eyes it could've been general vs general as well....I can#t call it Ice.....just hope this gets resolved.....Team Disicpline go hard for the oldman on here....but we're the REALEST fanbase on here Ice...true story...when our dude is wrong we call it...in this case its Naz...he's wrong as hell for this!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
            MOST muslims usually start out as fivers...not ALL but MOST....so its very possible he's been through the five percent door...and I agree with Natas...thats some whacky stuff they teach....then again some of the lessons are fruitful...like FATHER meaning to FAT HER with the true knowledge of herself and so on.....but MOST of the stuff is just flat out wack imo.....and IF Naz is taking what he got from the five pct. lessons and mixing it with his muslim beliefs then he's totally wrong for that.....Muslims look down on the five teachings....so I don't think its the five stuff Ice.....me being a Philly dude myself...North Philly to be exact....and I'll admit, we deal with things or see things different than most....one thing for sure is that we take the WAR thing deeply.....and with the oldman and Chad givng you and Naz the 5 star jobs.....not only was it soldier vs soldier but in Naz's eyes it could've been general vs general as well....I can#t call it Ice.....just hope this gets resolved.....Team Disicpline go hard for the oldman on here....but we're the REALEST fanbase on here Ice...true story...when our dude is wrong we call it...in this case its Naz...he's wrong as hell for this!!!
            Co-sign. I respect Naz but in this case, from what Ice is saying, he's in the wrong. I'm sure there is some weird motive behind it though, he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would do that for no good reason or because he thinks he's famous or whatever. As faulty as his logic may be, I'm sure there is something in his head that's telling him that, whether Ice's theory of him thinking bhop would fire him or whatever.

There are some great 5%ers throughout rap history, got to give them that

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              Co-sign. I respect Naz but in this case, from what Ice is saying, he's in the wrong. I'm sure there is some weird motive behind it though, he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would do that for no good reason or because he thinks he's famous or whatever. As faulty as his logic may be, I'm sure there is something in his head that's telling him that, whether Ice's theory of him thinking bhop would fire him or whatever.

:
              yea I'm not exactly SOLD on the firing thing but it needs to be said that a reporter once told me that people dont know it but Nazzim has been fired or come close to being fired by Hops for different reasons already...and, again, Hops said to me on the dais, "You know u just got Nazzim fired, right?" Now I know he was joking but truth is in jokes usually...I mean, WHY would he even joke about firing Nazzim for knowing me like that....I said right afterwards to my guys, "Ill bet that is going to be quite an interesting conversation those two are about to have in a few minutes." In any event, for me it sucks because I always considered this guy a friend..I still consider his son Tiger a friend and I had fun times with his other sons and nephews over the years...they were always friends with the kids I trained etc...it sucks for me that boxing in itself has been cause for damaged or ruined relationships that were actually BECAUSE OF boxing in the first place...

Comment

It's been suggested to me by several people over the last few days that Naazim may have not wanted Bernard to know how much time I had actually spent around him, etc...because at the press conference when I said something about having been with them in Philadelphia, etc Bernard spoke soon after and he said something like, "You know you just got Nazzim fired, right?" Now he said it in a joking way but, come on, why would it even be an issue? Anyway, here's me and Nazzim's sons (with CHAD DAWSON, TOO as a matter of fact) at the go-cart track in Marquette, Michigan in 1998...

LOL Naazim is wrong for trying to pretend like he doesn't know you. Bhop a true oscar winner with that performance the other night.

Comment

These situations can happen in competition. All one can wish for is that after the downfall of the event things will settle down, the people involved will come to their senses and move on with their lives. Perhaps he feels as if his reputation has taken a hit after the fight with Hopkins and Dawson or something, nobody truly knows.

As for my opinion on Nazim's ability as a trainer, I believe he gives his fighters a mental boost and is generally a good cornerman who knows how to treat his fighters with proper respect and attitude and who also has a way with words even if what he says isn't any kind of boxing advice whatsoever. What can you truly teach to boxers like Hopkins or Mosley? Nothing at this late a stage in their careers. It's just mental for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                    MOST muslims usually start out as fivers...not ALL but MOST
                    Most black Muslims.

Comment

Rumor has it Hopkins had a shoulder injury going into the fight, and was looking for a way out from the opening bell.

I have no proof of this whatsoever, but I'm going to run off at the mouth about it anyway, all the while saying I'm not insinuating anything. But I find it highly suspicious that Naazim Richardson put ice on Hopkins shoulder after the first round, before the fall even occured.

Wait?

What's that?

It was actually put on the back/side of his neck?

Well.....uhm......who ever heard of using ice to cool a fighter down?

What's that? Oh, yeah. Water wasn't allowed in that fight.

But....uhm.....you never laced them up, so STFU.

Comment

Working...
                      X