Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hugo Centeno Leans To Canelo To Beat Golovkin in Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hugo Centeno Leans To Canelo To Beat Golovkin in Rematch

Middleweight contender Hugo Centeno (26-1) will enter the ring against Jermall Charlo (26-0) for the interim WBC middleweight title with a lot of confidence if a deal to make the fight comes to fruition. The fight was recently ordered by the WBC and the winner will become the mandatory challenger to the winner of the Gennady Golovkin-Canelo Alvarez rematch that will likely take place on May 5th.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I got canelo in the 2nd too..not sure triple g can make adjustments or perform better apart from adding body shots to the attack this time around..meanwhile canelo can work on stamina,countering triple g,staying off the ropes a little more among many..that said may the best man win this time around

Comment

red balls will run he will run like a coyote

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
        red balls will run he will run like a coyote
        Yep. That is what separates the great fighters from the good.

Same reason why Caneho will never be on the level of Morales, Marquez, and Barrera. He doesnt have that extra oomph, that desire and willingness to walk through fire when necessary.

Caneho is lame and rematch is gonna be just as underwhelming.

Comment

Alot of people are picking Canelo in the rematch and I think they're being swayed by what happened between ward and Kovalev. There's a belief that Canelo can make adjustments similar to ward as the better boxer. Difference is, Canelo is not as good as ward and ggg has a better pedigree than Kovalev based on his extensive amateur background. The x factor moreso is going to be whether gggs age will show more and if Canelo has the stamina to do something about it.

Comment

GGG will still be WBC champion in losing to Canelo , So all Centeno has to do is beat Charlo and his next to beat up GGG..

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
              I got canelo in the 2nd too..not sure triple g can make adjustments or perform better apart from adding body shots to the attack this time around..meanwhile canelo can work on stamina,countering triple g,staying off the ropes a little more among many..that said may the best man win this time around
              We've been talking about Canelo's stamina for years. It's never going to improve.

Comment

No surprise that his country man favors him.

I think this one goes different. Triple G will start jabbing and going to the body earlier and Canelo won't have that stamina do perform like he did in the last fight.

Triple G wasn't pushing him enough in the first half of the fight, now he knows that if he goes to Canelo's body he can hit the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
                  It's easier to work on a body attack rather than stamina. If Canelo has poor stamina at this point of his career it may be a problem that he can't overcome. I don't expect a huge improvement. The one thing he has to work on is his ring IQ. Going to the ropes cost him the fight. If that wasn't due to his stamina then it was ill advised.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                    Yep. That is what separates the great fighters from the good.

Same reason why Caneho will never be on the level of Morales, Marquez, and Barrera. He doesnt have that extra oomph, that desire and willingness to walk through fire when necessary.

Caneho is lame and rematch is gonna be just as underwhelming.
                    Canelo is a different fighter. He has great upper body movement with wicked combination counters. If he wins this one he will be on track

Comment

Working...
                    X