Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Espinoza Open to Discussing Bouts Between Showtime, ESPN Boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
    After Wilder knocks him out, who cares?
    LOL,Wilder knocking AJ out,OK.However he makes a Intresting point,HBO have been hyping Joshua up they had his face along with Golvokin and Canelo on a HBO best of 2018.Max Kellerman talking about him passionately on HBO after dark,why would HBO hype up a Showtime Fighter.If Joshua goes and Wilder stays with SHO how will Joshua-Wilder even happen and given Deontay has a small following in America,Joshua and HBO will have all the cards.Showtime could potentially be losing out on a Big heavyweight undisputed unification clash involving a American heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
      Showtime and Haymon have all the cards. After Crawford beats some gym teacher, then what? Who's Crawford fight after that? Seriously, who the heck does Crawford fight after that? The answer is simple: no one anybody cares about.

The only big fight for Loma is Mikey.

Spence, Thurman, D Garcia, Porter, Peterson plus the likes of Berto, Alexander, Khan. All of those fighters are with Showtime and Haymon.

Crawford. Well, it seems Crawford is the only top fighter at WW who is with TR.

I honestly hope deals are reached to produce fights like Spence-Crawford or Thurman-Crawford or Garcia-Loma. Still, if Showtime just says no, that leaves Crawford fighting nobodies on ESPN while the rest of the ww's are all fighting each other in what should be another great era for ww's. Crawford will then have a choice. Stay with Arum and sure-fire wins, or dare to be great and actually fight top level opponents.

I have a feeling three or four years from now, the debate will be who was Bud's toughest opponent, The Hornet or Postol? But hey, he will still have a belt.
      What cards?
      Espinoza can't even make these top PBC fighters each other.
      Spence wanted to fight in August, Sept, Oct last year in his hometown in Texas.
      No one stepped up, except Peterson, who is a 140 guy.
      Mikey is fighting a guy named Lipinets, instead of Easter.
      Your list looks good on paper doe, but it's useless.
      Who among them is not scared of fighting Crawford, except Spence?
      Mikey will price himself out again.
      Who else?

Comment

Originally posted by Tygshsu View Post
        LOL,Wilder knocking AJ out,OK.However he makes a Intresting point,HBO have been hyping Joshua up they had his face along with Golvokin and Canelo on a HBO best of 2018.Max Kellerman talking about him passionately on HBO after dark,why would HBO hype up a Showtime Fighter.If Joshua goes and Wilder stays with SHO how will Joshua-Wilder even happen and given Deontay has a small following in America,Joshua and HBO will have all the cards.Showtime could potentially be losing out on a Big heavyweight undisputed unification clash involving a American heavyweight.
        Showtime has a right to match any and all offers from HBO to Joshua, meaning he is not going anywhere until AFTER he fights Wilder and gets knocked out.

For the life of me, I can't understand why any so-called boxing fan would want him to leave Showtime, and go to HBO before he fights Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Tygshsu View Post
          I agree that Wilder will knock out AJ, he got stretched by a 40 + fighter, Hearn and AJ are finding any way and excuse to avoid the Wider fight, that’s the reason why they are jumping to HBO, to stay away from Wilder and continue to fight bums

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
            That was once in a life time fight that produce over half a billion dollars and made everyone rich.
            So what about Crawford vs John Molina and Felix diaz. An HBO Bob Arum fighter vs A PBC Showtime fighter. Not much money involved. How about Jacobs vs GGG in HBO. Money talks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Why wouldn't they? They write the checks. You think Errol Spence gets $3M to fight Lamont Peterson without Showtime's backing?
              You really believe Spence is getting 3 million to fight Peterson? How is that even possible when the fight wouldnt even generate that much money. Just like the rumor Mikey Garcia is getting 3 million for Lipinets it doesnt make any sense. Broner has been bringing in huge ratings for showtime for years and he only gets 1 mill a fight. Even Keith Thurman and Danny Garcia only got 2 mill a piece and that was a much larger fight. Neither Mikey or Spence have confirmed these numbers and I guarantee you they wont. If theyre not fighting in Vegas they dont have to disclose purses so they can have people spread rumors like that for them and nobody can disprove it

Comment

I doubt Thurman would be willing to fight Crawford anytime soon but Errol Spence I think would be willing. That is possibly the next Mayweather Pacquiao if they build it up for another year or 2. Pacquiao is going to need opponents too and he is the biggest star that Top Rank or Pbc has and a lot of people think hes declined a lot so Showtime and Pbc would be wise to try to make some fights with Pacquiao. Pacquiao Thurman and Pacquiao Spence would be big ppv's. They could do joint ppv's just like Mayweather Pacquiao. Also I think Pbc fighters are going to start migrating over to Top Rank once their contracts with Haymon expire. The Top Rank deal with Espn is huge and they need opponents for Pacquiao and Crawford

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                  What cards?
                  Espinoza can't even make these top PBC fighters each other.
                  Spence wanted to fight in August, Sept, Oct last year in his hometown in Texas.
                  No one stepped up, except Peterson, who is a 140 guy.
                  Mikey is fighting a guy named Lipinets, instead of Easter.
                  Your list looks good on paper doe, but it's useless.
                  Who among them is not scared of fighting Crawford, except Spence?
                  Mikey will price himself out again.
                  Who else?
                  Spence went to the U.K. to fight a champion in the champ's own backyard. Thurman has already fought both Porter and D. Garcia. Porter has fought Brook, Broner, Alexander and Brook. D. Garcia has fought Peterson, Matthysse, and Khan.

Crawford has fought Diaz and Postol.

Coming up are Thurman-Vargas and Thurman-Porter rematch. Spence-Peterson. And there is Alexander-Ortiz for the right to lose to one of the top guys.

One could just as easily say Bud is fighting Horn instead of Mikey. Both Bud and M. Garcia are simply going for the easiest belt there is in a new division.

The PBC guys are fighting each other. All have fought better opposition to Crawford and will continue to fight tougher opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
                    I agree that Wilder will knock out AJ, he got stretched by a 40 + fighter, Hearn and AJ are finding any way and excuse to avoid the Wider fight, that’s the reason why they are jumping to HBO, to stay away from Wilder and continue to fight bums
                    You Americans seem to forget about Molina,bloody ERIC MOLINA making your boy and the great American hope Deontay Wilder doing the funny dance.Then watch AJ v Molina.We all know what's going to happen,Charles Martin 2.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                      Showtime has a right to match any and all offers from HBO to Joshua, meaning he is not going anywhere until AFTER he fights Wilder and gets knocked out.

For the life of me, I can't understand why any so-called boxing fan would want him to leave Showtime, and go to HBO before he fights Wilder.
                      Showtime allegedly paid 1.6 Million for that garbage fight against Takam which done 300K Views in the US.That's what HBO is going to do they will just push the price up,anyway my theory is Hearn will move Joshua to HBO.Then when Joshua/Wilder gets made it will have to be PPV in America of course at Las Vegas but then you have both HBO and Showtime behind the event which will only make it bigger as opposed to just having the one Network.

Comment

Working...
                      X