Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by genrick View Post
    Nah. It's the exact opposite.
    Spence would be too much for Crawford.

I made a thread about Spence being the bigger version of Porter.
    Both are human bulldozers, they force their way inside and overwhelm their opponents, except that Porter being smaller, headbutts are not rare.
    Crawford will be avoiding Spence for a long time to come.
    Spence is a cleaner, more refined version of Porter.

Comment

Crawford has never fought anyone that hits as hard as Spence either. Brook is a solid WW and a good boxer. Crawford has yet to fight a legit WW. If he fights and beats Horn I wouldn't exactly say that's an indication he will do the same to Spence. Spence has taken punches from Brook who is a large WW. Crawford may not carry that power up to shake him with one punch. It's a compelling fight and 50/50 down the middle. I slightly favor Spence to win.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
        Yea people forget spence was losing that fight against Kell Brook, Crawford may be able to outbox him until round 12.
        Eroll spence is above the comp right now, but not by heaps and bounds.
        Say what you want against Brook but he's a real talent and an exceptional fighting skills...but like Khan, Brook has an issue of not concentrating the full 12 rounds and taking the foot off the paddle in later rounds. To me Crawford beats Spence via UD but Spence is relentless which makes a good this a good fight. I think Thurman beats Crawford style makes fight.

Comment

Nah. Man down.

Comment

I'd pick Crawford without hesitation and I think the style match favors him heavily but I do believe he should take a fight or two to acclimatize to 147 first in order to build the match into what it deserves to be and also as a precautionary measure.

It wouldn't be easy work. I think Bud takes an early lead after an even couple of feel out rounds and then perhaps Spence closes the distance and slows Bud down but Bud is the most adaptable fighter in the game and has extra dimensions I think he could again swing it in his favor even after Spence closes the gap. 116-112 Crawford.

Comment

I gotta go with Spence. To big strong and physical. Smart patient boxer that goes to the body and breaks down his opponents little by little. The Brook fight was only a taste of what Crawford has to look forward to. Never seen Spence rocked in the ring but I have seen Bud buzzed a few times by lesser and/or smaller fighters. If Spence lights him up, he won’t let off the gas until it’s over and that’ll be it for the Omaha phenom. No Hating on Crawford. I just think Spence is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
                Lol, you dudes really need to go rewatch that fight, and not on sky.

First of all, that fight was 3-3, or 4-2 either way, after 6 rounds...before spence completely took over.

As far as jabs go, Spence probably landed 3-4x as many jabs as brook did, and his jab was probably the shot that broke brook's eye socket.

To answer the question, NOBODY makes easy work of Spence. I like Crawford and think he's the goods, and imo this is a more difficult fight than Thurman, for either guy... but anybody that thinks crawford or spence will be "easy work" for the other guy, dksab.
                ya...i highly doubt any WW makes easy work of spence ...at all

Comment

Moving up to Welter is a huge jump in competition for Crawford. He is super talented, but at 147, I am not even convinced he can contain Shawn Porter.

We will have to see as not only will he be fighting guys his size or bigger, but they have more fire in them than the 140lb guys.

Comment

doubt it. spence actually fights back which is something crawfords never experienced in his pro carer. spence is no julius indongo or ricky burns.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                      doubt it. spence actually fights back which is something crawfords never experienced in his pro carer. spence is no julius indongo or ricky burns.
                      Gamboa fought back and at that stage in Crawford's career was a major test (Crawford was a 2-1 underdog in his first title defense). Postol, also fought back and was a well respected champion who had defeated Mattheyse.

Diaz a former Olympic gold medalist (robbed against Peterson) was much better than Bud made him look. Beltran too.

I get that he hasn't faced a murderers row but some fans tend to go overboard on talking his competition down. It's much better than Spence's and Spence has never fought a fighter remotely close to Crawford's talent level, skill set or adaptability.

Comment

Working...
                      X