Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Why do Floyd fans hate GGG so much?" Where does this logic come from?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elishua F View Post
    GGG is the new Jeff Lacy. Remember how Lacy was called "mini Tyson" lol..the guy didn't accomplish anything and the hype was ridiculous. This is GGG right now. He hasn't done a damn thing in boxing except crush tomato cans and the hype is through the roof. When he meets Ward it'll be reminiscent of Lacy-Calzaghe. He'll be exposed bad.
    Jeff Lacy struggled with the kind of opponents that Golovkin slaughters.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      I'm not sure how I feel about GGG. He's enjoyable to watch but I think seeing him do it against this caliber of opponent has grown stale on me. I think I wouldn't mind if he had already proved himself against the elite but he still hasn't so it's hard for me to get up for this recent string of bouts.

That said, I am looking forward to watching him tomorrow. If he fails to impress, you're gonna hear more people saying he's overrated. And if he blows out Monroe that'll only increase the desire for him to test himself against the elite. Maybe he gets the Cotto-Canelo winner but if he doesn't, he needs to test himself in a higher weight. It's hard to continually justify him taking easy paydays because he's waiting on Martinez, waiting on Cotto or whomever and on and on.
      If Alvarez beats Cotto, I think Golovkin sticks around and that fight happens soon. If Cotto wins, Golovkin will know he's ****ed and move up next year. Thing is, other than Ward, who he's not exactly jumping at the chance to fight, he's not looking at very good fights at 168, either. Froch doesn't want him. Haymon fighters like Andre Dirrell won't be an option. DeGale is probably the best fight besides Ward, and otherwise there's nothing worth moving up for. Super middleweight isn't that much better than middleweight for Golovkin besides 2 or 3 fighters.

Seems like Ward and Golovkin are going to be forced together whether both sides want it or not here soon. It's all going to depend on Cotto/Alvarez.

Comment

Floyd is afraid of GGG, they always criticize fighters Floyd's avoiding.

Comment

Originally posted by elishua F View Post
          GGG is the new Jeff Lacy. Remember how Lacy was called "mini Tyson" lol..the guy didn't accomplish anything and the hype was ridiculous. This is GGG right now. He hasn't done a damn thing in boxing except crush tomato cans and the hype is through the roof. When he meets Ward it'll be reminiscent of Lacy-Calzaghe. He'll be exposed bad.
          Do you realize how high of a pedestal you're actually putting GGG on when you, and others, say something like this?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            If Alvarez beats Cotto, I think Golovkin sticks around and that fight happens soon. If Cotto wins, Golovkin will know he's ****ed and move up next year. Thing is, other than Ward, who he's not exactly jumping at the chance to fight, he's not looking at very good fights at 168, either. Froch doesn't want him. Haymon fighters like Andre Dirrell won't be an option. DeGale is probably the best fight besides Ward, and otherwise there's nothing worth moving up for. Super middleweight isn't that much better than middleweight for Golovkin besides 2 or 3 fighters.

Seems like Ward and Golovkin are going to be forced together whether both sides want it or not here soon. It's all going to depend on Cotto/Alvarez.
            Oscar did say they were thinking two years down the line for a GGG fight. They're going to let Canelo completely fill out, get acclimated and for GGG to get old. Or at least start slipping. I don't think we see this fight for a long time.

I agree that Ward and GGG appear to be on a collision course. Who else is there for them to fight? DeGale would be nice introduction to the division for GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
              Nah, the onus is for him to fight best possible opponents, and thats what hes been doing. Ward is only just coming back now, and GGG tried to fight Froch, who last year was the best SMW.

When Floyd or Pac do similar they weight drain their opponents, do you really think if Froch is unwilling to fight GGG, the other SMWs will fight him? Hell no. Ward isn't even on the table yet.

Whats this impressive resume nonsense? No one sits there thinking like that. Like I said, us GGG fans, want him to fight the best possible opponents and keep KOing them. I'll never blame him for the cowardice of others, that is silly.

By this rationale, Ward needs to fight Kovalev ASAP. Fug the resume, no one gives a crap about Ward, no fans, and no ratings, so where the fug is his onus? Its on him to gain an audience by taking a risky fight, people find him boring, while GGG is already exciting. I think GGG has fulfilled his side of the deal long ago.

If anyone, Ward is the one that needs to fight Kovalev. He might get more than 10 viewers for once.
              I think you're getting carried away. GGG's resume is mediocre. My suggestion is that, since Cotto and Canelo aren't willing to fight him at this time (or anytime in the near future), he should move up and fight Ward. Your reply is that Ward should move up too. Alrighty then.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                GGG fans themselves don't even get along, one group likes to act like he's done something whilst the other feels his resume is underwhelming WHICH IT IS. I'm a fan of GGG and I've been mistaken as a hater.
                oh please you are one of his biggest haters, dont even start with that bull

Comment

GGG hater group consist of dumb Cotto fans and fans of boring fighters like Floyd and of course Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                    GGG hater group consist of dumb Cotto fans and fans of boring fighters like Floyd and of course Ward.
                    Very true. And it's only because he's a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                      What if one said that GGG's lover group only consists of over-hyped brawlers and one-dimensional bums?

Comment

Working...
                      X