Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a prime Tyson have beat a prime Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a prime Tyson have beat a prime Lewis?

Or as someone has said would Lewis always be the kryptonite for Tyson?

A prime Mike Tyson has a chance against anyone in the first 3 or 4 rounds. He was very fast and his pressure was excellant when he jabbed his way in!
    However after that initial attack a high caliber fighter who would refuse to give ground would have a chance of defeating him and Lewis is a fellow who could.

When they were kids the sparred and they did well against each other.
    Ray.

Comment

Tyson has a chance early,, but if he doesnt ko lewis in the first 5 rounds,, then lewis would take over with the jab, and brutal uppercuts anytime mike got inside

Its really a 50/50 fight

Comment

With Tyson's power and Lewis' chin, I'd favor Mike to KO Lewis prime v prime.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
          With Tyson's power and Lewis' chin, I'd favor Mike to KO Lewis prime v prime.
          Please come up with more original questions!

I would probably favour the 97-00 version of Lewis over any version of Tyson - especially if it goes past 3 rounds. But Tyson is always dangerous and admittedly, everytime I watch his early fights I forget how good he was. He was amazing.

Comment

I'm pretty sure its on film that Lewis used to say when for the shortwhile he trained in the same gym as Tyson as kids that he never wanted to be in the ring with that animal.

Of course his opinion change when Tyson was no longer that same animal.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
              I'm pretty sure its on film that Lewis used to say when for the shortwhile he trained in the same gym as Tyson as kids that he never wanted to be in the ring with that animal.

Of course his opinion change when Tyson was no longer that same animal.
              lol..

There's no truth in what you just wrote at all. It's not even how the story goes.

Comment

doubt it.

lewis slows the pace with jabs and holding when tyson gets close. maybe an uppercut or two for good measure. tyson gasses halfway through the fight, and his chin sees him to the final bell.

that said, two lesser guys than a prime tyson knocked lewis out. rahman did it when lewis was a bit over the hill, but mccall did it in '94.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  lol..

There's no truth in what you just wrote at all. It's not even how the story goes.
                  Well actually its on HBOs Legendary Fights.. Lennox said it himself But he did say he hope he never faces that animal because he beforehand he mentioned that Cus D'Amato said "These two will meet sometime in the future."

Of course its Legendary Fights, so its probably just Lennox being humble.

Except "Of course his opinion change when Tyson was no longer that same animal." Is just the American in me talking.

Start at 8:32

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                    Well actually its on HBOs Legendary Fights.. Lennox said it himself But he did say he hope he never faces that animal because he beforehand he mentioned that Cus D'Amato said "These two will meet sometime in the future."

Of course its Legendary Fights, so its probably just Lennox being humble.

Except "Of course his opinion change when Tyson was no longer that same animal." Is just the American in me talking.
                    Yeah, but that's not how the story was.

They both had trouble finding solid sparring and Lewis went down to the catskills to spar Tyson for a couple of days. Tyson beat him up the first time and Lewis' coach said to him they didn't have to continue. Lewis said that he'd figured him out and beat him up for the next two days.

That's how the story goes. Nobody was afraid of each other.

Comment

Working...
                    X