Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 Morales vs 2004 Corrales, when they could have fought. Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oh you out son View Post
    Corrales best win was Castillo (he was lucky to pull that KO out of his ass because Castillo was so tired, not taking anything away from Corrales it was an amazing comeback and gusty win, but if Castillo was in better shape he could have survived for 2 rounds and won a decision. Corrales was completely destroyed against Mayweather, knocked down 5 times and didn't win more than 5 seconds of any round.

Morales beat Barrera and Pacquiao, enough said.
    Morales has shown a willingness to get into firefights he shouldn't. I think the stronger Corrales gets the better of those exchanges. Like I said I think it could go either way.

Comment

I got Morales in this

Comment

First of all, Morales is my favorite fighter. He was awesome for the sport. So many Saturday afternoons I watched Morales fights and he always entertained. One thing to keep in mind. Corrales was alot taller than Morales and who has Morales fought who was that tall? I think that would give Erik problems early when Corrales is still using his height. It's a tough call. I would say as long as Morales avoids the left hook he stays safe and gets a decision win. Morales's jab is so much better than Corrales's and he would have to fight inside but Corrales eventually gives up his height which would make it easier for Morales.

Comment

Im kind of surprised at how one sided it is for morales. Morales is my favorite fighter, but I think it would be a very tough fight for him due to corrales size.

Corrales could be hurt but that was by larger fighters with decent power, Morales didnt have the power he used to have at the lower weights. I dont think Morales would be able to seriously hurt him or drop him.

Its probably be an entertaining fight and end up being a trilogy with them all pretty close. Morales had superior skills but he couldnt hurt corrales and corrales would be trying to make it an inside fight and morales would be best served to stay on the outside and box but he would get drawn in to trade time to time and corrales had big power at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
            Morales would've stopped him late imo.

How? Morales didnt hit very hard at 130.

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Asking here about fighters in 2004 is like asking high schoolers what living through the Great Depression was like. 95% of the people here have probably only seen Corrales-Castillo and maybe Corrales-Floyd or none at all because it didn't involve Manny.

Everyone seems to be way off with random predictions and no reasoning why they made their pick. I dont think theyve seen many of those fights from that time either.

Comment

When Casamayor, Corrales, and Freitas were dominating 130. Morales, Barrera, and Marquez were at 126 scared to move up. Only four pounds. Prime Casa and Corrales dominate Morales.

Comment

Morales.

But great fight.

Comment

Working...
                X