Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of the things SRL was able to negotiate for against Hagler...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes he wasn't prime any longer and that's why Leonard fought him. Although I voted for the larger ring, which allowed more movement for Leonard. I think Hagler being past prime and Leonard's inactivity make this a pretty good win for him, but not a great one. I'm still a big fan of both fighters though.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Yes he wasn't prime any longer and that's why Leonard fought him. Although I voted for the larger ring, which allowed more movement for Leonard. I think Hagler being past prime and Leonard's inactivity make this a pretty good win for him, but not a great one. I'm still a big fan of both fighters though.
      Hagler IMO was knd odf jobbed out of 'Fighter of the Decade' by various publications. He took the traditional route and made his mark in one division-- but put an absolute stranglehold on it and reigned as the unquestioned, undisputed champ for an extended period of time. I have really come to appreciate Leonard's amazing skills and I'm impressed by his mega-win fights, but I appreciate Hagler's dominance just a tad more.
      Last edited by TAC602; 11-19-2011, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X