Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richest fight in boxing: Joshua vs Wilder or Canelo vs Golovkin 2?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by genrick View Post
    Could you tell me what Wilder did to deserve the richest fight in boxing?
    Who did he beat? It's insulting. Makes me puke.
    Like it or not Wilder has done as much as any other heavyweight and brings more financial clout than any other heavyweight.

Comment

That is a hard question to answer for me. Both fights are huge money makers because boxing fans are dying to see both fights. I am guessing GGG vs Canelo is still the biggest fight. Canelo and GGG are far more proven. Boxing fans expect these two iron jawed boxer-punchers to have a long hard fought war with both boxers determined to win big this time. AJ vs Wilder might be over in a round or two one way or the other.

Comment

Obviously Ca$hnelo versus MarGGGarito 2.

Joshua is good and all, but outside of the UK he has few followers and, whether you like it or not, Russia is not going to support Joshua. Probably because he's black, but also because Russia only ride their own guys.

Nobody in the states knows Wilder let alone anyone anywhere else. Hell in Russia Wilder is a crybaby who got out of fighting Povetkin twice (even if it was because Povetkin was juicing).

Canelo on the other hand is a bonafide PPV star. No he's not Floyd, but nobody else is Floyd. Ca$hnelo sells PPV versus JCC Jr., Cotto, Smith, Kirkland, etc. The guy can sell versus anyone. And the first fight already did 1.3 million buys - which should increase given the competitiveness and action of the first fight

https://www.badlefthook.com/2017/9/2...3m-buys-on-ppv

Comment

AJ vs Canelo! Now that's big.. But on a real, 2 heavyweight 6 ft 6+ giants with 2 of the highest KO ratios, 2 of the hardest hitting guys in boxing, 2 Olympians, UK vs US.. It's no contest.. AJ vs Wilder is much bigger it's not even a close. It's heavyweight boxing.. Even non boxing fans will tune into this. Didn't Canelo vs GGG do 1.3mil? AJ vs Wilder will do over 2.5 in the US and over 2.5mil in the UK too.. Major celebs are talking about this fight.

AJ is already the biggest global star in boxing, he's the biggest athlete in the middle east and sponsored by Dubai, huge in Africa, huge in Asia and obviously he's huge in Europe... He still needs to crack America but that will happen when he fights there.

Remember AJ vs Klitschko and AJ vs Takam was shown in over 140 countries.. The last time any other boxing match was shown in that many countries was Floyd vs Pacquiao, not even Floyd vs McGregor was shown in that many countries.. AJ got that global tv money. Canelo is unknown in Asia, Africa, Middle east and most of Europe. But he has the whole of Mexico backing him so he's a super star in his own right but his reach is limited.
          Last edited by NahMean; 11-23-2017, 11:19 PM.

Comment

since we already seen canelo vs ggg

I say wilder vs AJ

Comment

Neither nothing is beating Floyd’s records anytime soon but the wilder Aj fight is the biggest fight that can be made, we already seen ggg win.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
                Yea let's just ignore the PROVEN draw 3rd biggest gate in boxing history and 1.3 million ppv and say that two guys who've never been on ppv before will be a richer fight..... buffoon
                "buffoon"?............Don't come at me with your "3rd" rate bullshyt you ****ing cur.

That's only because *PRICES ARE HIGHER NOW* and the heavyweight division has been in a dismal state since the belts went overseas. They just overhyped a bout between an aging eurochamp and a Mexican that ran like a biatch all night cause it's all they had to work with. Then ended up with a ****ed up draw decision that left a bad taste in everybody's mouth, that crap ain't gonna have the same appeal the 2nd time around.

When Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis were in the game they were household names and in todays market would outsell any other division because middleweights & Welterweights appeal mainly to true fight fans, while the heavyweight champion of the world appeals to even casual fans.

An American Heavyweight championship would outsell the scam that Oscar DeLaHoya put out, and I think mainly weenies like you would pay for that dribble again.

Comment

Money wise we can do some simple math

Ggg nelo: 1.5mil×70= 105mil
                  Wilder aj: usa: 300k×70= 21mil . Uk 2mil×25= 50mil

Uk gate will be more

Gonna be close

I suspect wilder aj surpasses expectations and ggg nelo does worse than expected when time comes. Because i think wilder fights whyte and kos him in uk and if aj beats parker that fight becomes for the undisputed title

But based on the numbers i provided nelo ggg is bigger in terms of money generated

Comment

Originally posted by club fighter View Post
                    "buffoon"?............Don't come at me with your "3rd" rate bullshyt you ****ing cur.

That's only because *PRICES ARE HIGHER NOW* and the heavyweight division has been in a dismal state since the belts went overseas. They just overhyped a bout between an aging eurochamp and a Mexican that ran like a biatch all night cause it's all they had to work with. Then ended up with a ****ed up draw decision that left a bad taste in everybody's mouth, that crap ain't gonna have the same appeal the 2nd time around.

When Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis were in the game they were household names and in todays market would outsell any other division because middleweights & Welterweights appeal mainly to true fight fans, while the heavyweight champion of the world appeals to even casual fans.

An American Heavyweight championship would outsell the scam that Oscar DeLaHoya put out, and I think mainly weenies like you would pay for that dribble again.
                    I didn't read all that bologna but canelo and ggg did 1.3 mill ppv while wilder and joshua havent done any LOL but you're right tho

Comment

Working...
                    X