No announcement yet.

End of Net Neutrality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    By charging more for some and less for their own content. By speeding up some and slowing down some.

Provide an article that states that your outcome will occur.
    Then you switch companies or services. A law won't allow you to do that because there won't be another choice or service since no one invests when they know they can't make any money.

Comment

Originally posted by $Bullsfam$ View Post
      Who can fight this? How can we. This is the government way overstepping their boundaries
      You can email the people making the decision directly just go to fcc's website and click on the persons email link

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        Then you switch companies or services. A law won't allow you to do that because there won't be another choice or service since no one invests when they know they can't make any money.
        Some content will only be available with one provider.

Comment

Some content will only be available with one provider.
          Sounds like you're talking about Netflix, YouTube, etc.

Comment

Jim provide and article that points out that this is the likely outcome since it is so obvious.
            What do you need an article for, its common sense. Also why would these behemoths want to limit which website you go to, or have you pay for them a la carte? I could see that having a negative effect on traffic, because now if you are comcast and say you own google and youtube, then you lose a whole swathe of customers who would be say on Verizon which owns yahoo, and vice versa. And how exactly would that work with other countries internet? For instance if I use a VPN my provider wouldn't be able to restrict me. This the internet we are talking about, where people find a way around having free music, tv, movies, and pr0n, what makes you think this will be any different.

Comment

Sounds like you're talking about Netflix, YouTube, etc.
              Those and others but I am just wondering if you came across and article that shared the same views as you do.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                What do you need an article for, its common sense. Also why would these behemoths want to limit which website you go to, or have you pay for them a la carte? I could see that having a negative effect on traffic, because now if you are comcast and say you own google and youtube, then you lose a whole swathe of customers who would be say on Verizon which owns yahoo, and vice versa. And how exactly would that work with other countries internet? For instance if I use a VPN my provider wouldn't be able to restrict me. This the internet we are talking about, where people find a way around having free music, tv, movies, and pr0n, what makes you think this will be any different.
                Common sense but you haven't found any credible articles saying the same thing. I see articles saying the opposite. Certainly you can find a few that are agreeing with you on such a salient issue. Save your talking-smart shtick for others.

How would you get around it when you provider(AT&T, Comcast, etc) knows who you are and your location?

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  The people in this thread are such morons, if what you say comes to fruition where Verizon only makes you use Yahoo, or another provider only allows google, then guess what, a third and fourth provider will appear and provide you with everything once again! It's called capitalism. Remember when phone companies used to charge you for going over data, minutes, and text messages? Well, one of them decided to offer all of that an unlimited rate, for a cheaper price, and then every single one of them fell in line.
                  It doesnt work like that which is why net neutrality is so important. Net neutrality was what ensured a free and open Internet.

The providers will control all content and what is seen and isn't seen. A provider can completely block boxingscene if it wants to and force you to use their own sites.

And providers are not going to share content with one another. Depending on what provider you have will depend on what sites and services you'll be able to use.

Portugal already has this system it's a fcking nightmare. The only thing gutting net neutrality does is give the largest companies complete control over the Internet.

In Portugal if you want to use social networks, you hAve to buy a separate package for that and pay monthly. no, there is nothing good about this.

Comment

Less regulation will mean more internet providers and more choices and as always with competition in place, lower prices.

There's a bigger picture.

Try looking at it.
                    How Will there be more ISPs dummy when the big providers own all the cables and poles?

They bought up all the competition and in most of the country people only have the choice of one provider or crappy satellite internet

Comment

Lol @ the trump heads coming in here with big picture rhetoric with no facts to back the up.

Blindly sucking off Trump as usual

Comment

Working...
                      X