Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBS, PBS star Charlie Rose banned after sexual misconduct claim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can thank the shady lawyers for all of these firings. Networks are so afraid of lawsuits they will toss anyone under the bus before they've had their day in court. Threats of boycotts and losing sponsors carries much more weight than decades-long careers can stand up against. I was never a big fan of Rose, but these women clearly want their pound of flesh for not getting a return on their investment. The ones you won't (or shouldn't) hear from are the ones who were willing to suck a mile of dick in order to get where they are today. If you willingly sell your platinum pu$$y in exchange for better opportunities, STFU about it. And if those opportunities didn't pan out or you didn't get what you thought you should in return, you're no better than the ordinary whore selling her ass/soul each day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      WTF? Who necks, Tom Brokaw?

The image of Charlie Rose walking around naked frankly shrinks up my dick.
      And the winner is... the head of Disney Animation John Lasseter.

SHOCK: John Lasseter, Genius Behind Pixar And Disney Animation, Takes Leave Of Absence Amidst Sexual Harassment Allegations

By Ben Shapiro
      November 21, 2017

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23855/...ey-ben-shapiro

On Tuesday, head of Disney Animation John Lasseter took a leave of absence from Pixar after admitting “missteps” and “painful” conversations with staff. He did not specify the missteps or the content of the conversations. However, The Hollywood Reporter says that THR was about to release a report “detailing alleged misconduct by the executive at Disney/Pixar.” Lasseter is one of the biggest names in the history of animation; he’s responsible for Toy Story and Toy Story 2, and the man behind the revitalization of Disney animation that led to Frozen, Tangled, and Inside Out.

Here’s the text of Lasseter’s letter:

I have always wanted our animation studios to be places where creators can explore their vision with the support and collaboration of other gifted animators and storytellers. This kind of creative culture takes constant vigilance to maintain. It’s built on trust and respect, and it becomes fragile if any members of the team don’t feel valued. As a leader, it’s my responsibility to ensure that doesn’t happen; and I now believe I have been falling short in this regard.

I’ve recently had a number of difficult conversations that have been very painful for me. It’s never easy to face your missteps, but it’s the only way to learn from them. As a result, I’ve been giving a lot of thought to the leader I am today compared to the mentor, advocate and champion I want to be. It’s been brought to my attention that I have made some of you feel disrespected or uncomfortable. That was never my intent. Collectively, you mean the world to me, and I deeply apologize if I have let you down. I especially want to apologize to anyone who has ever been on the receiving end of an unwanted hug or any other gesture they felt crossed the line in any way, shape, or form. No matter how benign my intent, everyone has the right to set their own boundaries and have them respected.

In my conversations with Disney, we are united in our commitment to always treat any concerns you have with the seriousness they deserve, and to address them in an appropriate manner. We also share a desire to reinforce the vibrant, respectful culture that has been the foundation of our studios’ success since the beginning. And we agree the first step in that direction is for me to take some time away to reflect on how to move forward from here. As hard as it is for me to step away from a job I am so passionate about and a team I hold in the highest regard, not just as artists but as people, I know it’s the best thing for all of us right now. My hope is that a six-month sabbatical will give me the opportunity to start taking better care of myself, to recharge and be inspired, and ultimately return with the insight and perspective I need to be the leader you deserve.

I’m immensely proud of this team, and I know you will continue to wow the world in my absence. I wish you all a wonderful holiday season and look forward to working together again in the new year.

John

The Hollywood Reporter detailed some of the allegations in a separate story. According to the outlet, actress and writer Rashida Jones alleged that Lasseter “made an unwanted advance” on her. And apparently Jones wasn’t the only one. Here’s the Reporter:

One longtime Pixar employee says Lasseter, who is well-known for hugging employees and others in the entertainment community, was also known by insiders for “grabbing, kissing, making comments about physical attributes.” Multiple sources say Lasseter is known to drink heavily at company social events such as premiere parties but this source says the behavior was not always confined to such settings. ... Some used a move they called “the Lasseter” to prevent their boss from putting his hands on their legs. ... The same source said he once noticed an oddly cropped photo of Lasseter standing between two women at a company function. When he mentioned that to a colleague, he was told, “We had to crop it. Do you know where his hands were?”

Pixar is one of the most profitable film companies in history; they’ve pulled in $6 billion domestically.

Ironically...here he is being interviewed on Charlie Rose in happier times for both of them.

Who's necks?

Comment

Motha****as can't even try to get p*ssy no more.. It's a damn shame.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          CBS, PBS star Charlie Rose suspended after sexual misconduct claim: 'I am greatly embarrassed'

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...barrassed.html

“CBS This Morning” co-host and longtime PBS star Charlie Rose has been accused by eight women of making unwanted sexual advances toward them and admitted to some of the misconduct in a statement, according to the Washington Post. Both PBS and CBS suspended him.

Rose’s alleged misconduct includes making lewd phone calls, walking around naked and groping the womens breasts, buttocks or genital areas, according to the Post. Rose’s accusers were employees or “aspired to work for Rose at The Charlie Rose show’ on PBS from the late 1990s to as recently as 2011.”

“CBS This Morning” has been growing rapidly since it launched in 2012, but still struggles to match the viewership of rivals “Today” and “Good Morning America,” while Rose’s show on PBS has aired regularly since 1991. Rose’s PBS show is filmed at the Bloomberg LP headquarters, making three major media organizations tied up in the latest harassment scandal.

"PBS was shocked to learn today of these deeply disturbing allegations. We are immediately suspending distribution of 'Charlie Rose,'" PBS said in a statement.

CBS also suspended Rose but did not respond to request for additional comment.

"We are deeply disturbed to learn of these allegations and are immediately suspending the show from airing on Bloomberg TV," the network said in a statement.

Rose’s accusers were between 21 and 37 years old at the time of the alleged encounters and the Post noted that there are “striking commonalities” in the accounts of the women. His alleged behavior typically included offering jobs to females and then using his power to put them in uncomfortable positions of a sexual nature. He allegedly would offer women a six-figure position that disappeared once they rejected his advances.

"For all of the women, reporters interviewed friends, colleagues or family members who said the women had confided in them about aspects of the incidents. Three of the eight spoke on the record. Five of the women spoke on the condition of anonymity out of fear of Rose’s stature in the industry, his power over their careers or what they described as his volatile temper,” the Post said in a statement about the bombshell.

“I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate."
          - Charlie Rose

None of the women who made accusations against Rose to The Post worked for PBS or CBS.

He has expressed remorse for some of the allegations.

“In my 45 years in journalism, I have prided myself on being an advocate for the careers of the women with whom I have worked,” Rose said in a statement provided to The Post. “Nevertheless, in the past few days, claims have been made about my behavior toward some former female colleagues… It is essential that these women know I hear them and that I deeply apologize for my inappropriate behavior. I am greatly embarrassed.”

Rose continued: “I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate. I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings, even though I now realize I was mistaken.”

Powerful and influential men have been facing allegations of sexual misconduct on a regular basis since disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein was outed as a sexual predator with a pair of bombshell reports in The New York Times and New Yorker earlier this year. High-profile media members such as Glenn Thrush and Mark Halperin have joined celebrities such as Kevin Spacey, Louis C.K. and a handful of politicians accused of sexual misconduct in recent weeks.

Ironically, Rose once appeared as himself on an episode of the Netflix series “House of Cards,” which has been rocked by the accusations against Spacey.

According to the report by Post contributor Irin Carmon and investigative reporter Amy Brittain, one accuser, Reah Bravo, was an intern and then associate producer for Rose’s PBS show beginning in 2007. In various interviews, she detailed unwanted sexual advances from Rose.

“It has taken 10 years and a fierce moment of cultural reckoning for me to understand these moments for what they were,” she told The Post. “He was a sexual predator, and I was his victim.”

Another accuser, Kyle Godfrey-Ryan, was Rose’s former assistant and detailed “at least a dozen instances where Rose walked nude in front of her while she worked in one of his New York City homes.” She claims the CBS and PBS star also “repeatedly called” her “at night or early in the morning to describe his fantasies of her swimming naked.”

Megan Creydt worked as a coordinator on the show from 2005 to 2006 and was a colleague of Godfrey-Ryan. She told the Post that Rose “put his hand on my mid-thigh” and understands that other claims are more serious but she was willing to speak to the paper to “support other women who were coming forward.”

The 75-year-old is considered a broadcasting legend and has interviewed everyone from Steve Jobs to Barack Obama. Time magazine named Rose one of its 100 most influential people in 2014 and former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg once described him as “one of the most important and influential people in journalism.”
          I enjoyed watching his show on PBA 30 in Atlanta on the weekdays. Farewell Cha'lie Rose.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Dude Charlie Rose deserves a dam pass, these women are sick, they enabled him now they wnat to jump on the bandwagon

That big booty Norah let him slap her ass on TV she better not cry rape either or misconduct

**** is going crazy now, they even went after my boy Dustin Hoffman wtf?

this is crazy I knew chicks save up **** to use against you but now its to the extreme 20 to 30 years ago and ****?

Louis CK never even raped a chick that dude was the most polite of them all he asked nicely if he could whip his dick out and wack it in front of them they laughed said yes he did it and they stayed for the show and watched until he orgasmed then want to claim victim now, why did they stay to watch get the **** outta here with that bull**** have some dam accountability women want to claim they are strong yet dont want to take any responsibility its always victim this and that, if someone does something you dont like just say **** off women do that all the time, if a guy is rude they will say **** you creep

I dont buy these stories at all.
            Norah's got a nice big booty, i'd like to eat that @ss with a spoon. Rose was probably thinking how nice it'd be to cum all over it.

dustin hoffman should get a free pass, he's a great actor, i think 2 or 3 time oscar winner, and when he was a kid it was a different world than it is now, a guy could go into any diner and slap a waitress on the @ss for doing a good job, i wish i had been around in those days if the waitress had an @ss like Norah's. up until the late 70's it was ok for a guy like rose or hoffman or louis CK to do what he wanted. pigs like weinstein and bill cosby need to go down some of this stuff is getting ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              I enjoyed watching his show on PBA 30 in Atlanta on the weekdays. Farewell Cha'lie Rose.
              I watched him quite a bit myself. I think there will be an endless onslaught now for some time to come.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                I watched him quite a bit myself. I think there will be an endless onslaught now for some time to come.
                Keep them coming.......

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  Keep them coming.......
                  What is your motto in a room full of dicks.. Your boy Bobby Dee out here eviscerating motha****as

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    unwanted sexual advances aren't a crime. guys get rejected all the time. it's biology. women are choosy about who they let plow them. men initiate sexual encounters.

now, it's a slippery slope. if you're grabbing *****es when they tell you to stop, keeping them from leaving, etc, it's a serious crime.

i'm not sure if it's a crime to come out of the bathroom naked and start whacking off in your hotel luis CK style, but it should be if they tell you to stop and you don't.

some measure of responsiblity also has to be placed on these girls. they know what the deal is when they go to a dude's home or hotel at night. women have been using sex to get jobs in hollywood for as long as there's been a hollywood, mark my words. lots of the starlets you know willingly engaged in sex with these guys, essentially for a boatload of money, to advance their careers, and for fame.
                    Dude, most of these broads are saying men are coming to their hotel door in robes. If you try to get a script at 2am when dude is trying to get a beauty rest, you expect to be prim and proper in suit and tie? The media and the many weak men are aiding and abetting this ****ery. Wish i was one of those famous dude and they came to me with this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Deez View Post
                      What is your motto in a room full of dicks.. Your boy Bobby Dee out here eviscerating motha****as
                      You been slipping...

Comment

Working...
                      X