No announcement yet.

Benn's left hook to the liver last night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benn's left hook to the liver last night

I think it is the best hook I've seen this year.

the kid is something special...

Comment

Well that dude was boxrec ranked 1200 or something. Benn aint gunna go above British/Euro level, eventually Hearn gunna feed him to Josh Kelly. Kelly far superior.

Good punch though.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Well that dude was boxrec ranked 1200 or something. Benn aint gunna go above British/Euro level, eventually Hearn gunna feed him to Josh Kelly. Kelly far superior.

Good punch though.
        Kelly is going to be Welterweight, Benn is going to fight at 135/140. That fight is a long/long way off.

Comment

his opponent was worse than a wilder opponent

Comment

Was a crushing body shot for sure

Comment

Thought I'd check his opponent quickly before watching hoping he'd be taking a marginal step up. His opponent hasn't beaten a single fighter that had a win.
              Safe to say I won't be wasting my time watching, I'm sure it was a great K.O though.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Thought I'd check his opponent quickly before watching hoping he'd be taking a marginal step up. His opponent hasn't beaten a single fighter that had a win.
                Safe to say I won't be wasting my time watching, I'm sure it was a great K.O though.
                They are doing the right thing with him in my opinion. He has no amateur career behind him so he's doing his learning on big shows against nobodies. There's no rush, he's only about 20.

Comment

Benn does look like he has talent, but he is a complete novice. No am background, didnt box as a kid.

If they step him up to Area level (two levels below the British title for the yanks in here) in the next year he will be doing well.

He is only really getting attention due to his surname, but tbf he is learning pretty quick and has athletic ability. Similar to Eubank Jnr in a way at the beginning. Jnr had a long way to go then to become a true prospect, and so does Benn

Comment

At 20 with no AM career these fights are fine, as long as they don't fall in the trap of padding his career for too many years.

Comment

Working...
                    X