• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    i like ggg in that one but havent looked into it deeply

canelo has to fight him in the middle of the ring

hes gonna try to move but hes no jacobs

and i disagree with dans notion that he is great fighting off the ropes - he is no floyd

he is gonna move, taste jabs and take punishment on the ropes

by the time he realises he has to smother ggg and throw combos body and head on the inside he would have already taken too much punishment and will be the more tired of the two
    Yeah, I agree with your GGG/Canelo take. It's fun to read different perspectives on it but for me the style advantage is with Golovkin. The only issue is age. One of the best ways to make money betting IMO is if you can identify which guys are starting to slip before they start losing. For me, Golovkin is still fresh enough to win this fight and worth putting money on.

I'll probably bet on BJS because of the odds. Unless Monroe really dominates I just don't think he gets the decision. Both seem happier vs an opponent who leads, so I think it'll be close, cagey and hard to score.

Groves is 1/4 vs Cox which is wide but it's not bad odds for what looks like a non-competitive fight to me, especially compared to some similar fights being 1/14.

So yeah I'll probably throw those 3 in together or maybe do a double with one of them+Floyd>McGregor.

Edit: Miller is only 8/15 this weekend. I'll rewatch some fights to see if I'm missing something but I'd be really surprised if he didn't win that one. No KO odds up yet.
    Last edited by Clegg; 07-26-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Why is that Mcjoe guy such a big underdog V warren? 50/50 fight imo

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        Why is that Mcjoe guy such a big underdog V warren? 50/50 fight imo
        Agree. Definitely a 50/50ish fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Agree. Definitely a 50/50ish fight.
          what you on this weekend mate?

just placed mine:

Miller
          Garcia

1.2/1

acca:
          Garcia KO
          Mcjoe arroyo
          Lawler
          Jones
          Brooks
          Ortega
          70/1

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            what you on this weekend mate?

just placed mine:

Miller
            Garcia

1.2/1

acca:
            Garcia KO
            Mcjoe arroyo
            Lawler
            Jones
            Brooks
            Ortega
            70/1
            I got in on Broner when he was +500ish which was insane to me. Not loving a lot this weekend. Seems like a quiet weekend overall with the UK not doing anything of note.

And I'm on a very similar parlay as you. Think Ortega might f#ck us, he's the weak link I think, him or Lawler cuz idk for sure that we see pre-Woodley Lawler necessarily & how many f#cking times can Cowboy come up short in big fights? But hopefully all goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I got in on Broner when he was +500ish which was insane to me.
              THIS.

Betting is so much more about getting the odds when they're at their best, than it is "lol pick a winner"

People don't like having money tied up in a bet for a month or more, or whatever. It's absurd.

If you beat the line movements, in ANY sport, you will profit long term.

Comment

bet on mikey last minute at 1/2

at first glance, grant to beat braehmar at 7/4 , usyk to ko huck if the odds are better than 4/6, floyd to win vs mcgregor at any odds. inoue to beat roman at 6/4 when they eventually fight

but will look on fight day and let you guys know for each those fights

Comment

Clegg, dan_cov, Eff Pandas, mlac, StudentOfDaGame,

need to run this by you geniuses before i go ahead and place my bet

floyd at 1/4 seems great no?

Comment

Lol.

Hell I think Floyd inside the distance sounds great. So just Floyd to win is f#ckable.

Comment

Yeah, at 1/6 I was thinking it was worth a bet, at 1/4 even more so if you got some extra cash lying around seems you may as well put it on that and throw it into any accumulator you have planned.

I don't want to go in too hard on McGregor because I figure whatever I say has probably already been posted on here multiple times by others. But I feel like I'm risking a neck injury recently from how much I'm shaking my head at the guy. Just a pathetic joke in so many ways but especially how they went to so much effort in getting a shot out of shape Paulie into camp just so they could get him to go 12 rounds straight then do well once McGregor's stamina advantage came into play. And the best they could do over those entire 12 rounds only added up to about 15 seconds of carefully chopped together footage.

Any underdogs you're betting on this month? I remember how bad Maurice Hooker looked getting that draw on the Ward undercard, so when I saw he was fighting an unbeaten guy who was 6/1 I considered it. But the 6/1 guy has a hell of a lot of bums on his record. And I hardly ever call anyone a bum but he fought guys with records like 0-15, 0-22, 0-1, 0-15, 2-36, 0-3 and 2 guys who were 0-11. So I'll leave that one alone.

I think Dulorme's new opponent might win but would have to watch more of him before putting money on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X