No announcement yet.

Better Resume: Vitali Klitschko or Frank Bruno

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Resume: Vitali Klitschko or Frank Bruno

Bearing in mind that the Klit fans rate Vitali as one of or if not the finest boxer of all time and there are no Bruno fans that rate Frank whatsoever, who beat the better fighters? Furthermore which fighters victims have the best legacies?

Klit's most notable scalps

Ross Purity
    Corrie Sanders
    Sam Peter
    Tomas Adamek
    Chris Arreola

Bruno's most notable scalps

James Tillis
    Carl Williams
    Joe Bugner
    Jesse Ferguson
    Oliver McCall

In defeat, Bruno lasted 1 round longer than Klit did against Lewis. Bruno was 35 and Klit was a primed 32 year old.

In the manner in which fans rate Vitali, I am expecting at least 10/1 in Klit's favour.
    Vitali Klitschko
    61.11%
    Frank Bruno
    36.11%
    Equal
    2.78%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Jedi Vader; 02-14-2013, 10:50 AM.

Body of work (defenses longevity etc) put Vitali higher on my list but his resumé is weak.

Brunos is quite weak itself.

"lasted longer" is a poor choice for an argument as most with two functioning eyes could see that Klitschkos performance vs. Lennox upped his standing the the boxing world.
    To act like he got crushed is silly. Cuts happen and i think Lewis had some momentum, but Klitschko did very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
      Body of work (defenses longevity etc) put Vitali higher on my list but his resumé is weak.

Brunos is quite weak itself.

"lasted longer" is a poor choice for an argument as most with two functioning eyes could see that Klitschkos performance vs. Lennox upped his standing the the boxing world.
      To act like he got crushed is silly. Cuts happen and i think Lewis had some momentum, but Klitschko did very well.
      The question isn't about longevity, defences etc. it's about those most notable wins I have listed.

Furthermore, the cuts were caused by Lewis' fists. Those same fists didn't carve open Bruno.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
        The question isn't about longevity, defences etc. it's about those most notable wins I have listed.

Furthermore, the cuts were caused by Lewis' fists. Those same fists didn't carve open Bruno.
        You asked about resumé. Longevity works into that.
        If you wanted to know about the most notable wins you should have phrased it that way.

Yes Lewis won legit, but let's use common sense here. Cuts are mostly due to chance (exactly where the punch hits, angle on it, bone structure beneath the surface). It's not a skillshot.
        But yeah. Maybe Bruno does have more favorable skin tissue and bone structure than Vitali if that's what this thread is about.

Comment

You asked about resumé. Longevity works into that.
          If you wanted to know about the most notable wins you should have phrased it that way.

Yes Lewis won legit, but let's use common sense here. Cuts are mostly due to chance (exactly where the punch hits, angle on it, bone structure beneath the surface). It's not a skillshot.
          But yeah. Maybe Bruno does have more favorable skin tissue and bone structure than Vitali if that's what this thread is about.
          In the post, it clearly asks who has the better victims. Put your glasses on.

Off topic, you're saying that those Lewis punches were lucky?

Comment

In the post, it clearly asks who has the better victims. Put your glasses on.
            Maybe you should try to be honest? In your original post you asked which fighter had the better resumé. You have since edited your post to look good.

Off topic, you're saying that those Lewis punches were lucky?
            It was definitely a fortunate turn of events that he opened up a cut and that it had the size it had.

If not, don't you think boxers would always end the fights by cuts? If it were to be a skillshot?

Comment

Maybe you should try to be honest? In your original post you asked which fighter had the better resumé. You have since edited your post to look good.
              No son, that was to correct a spelling mistake.

It was definitely a fortunate turn of events that he opened up a cut and that it had the size it had.

If not, don't you think boxers would always end the fights by cuts? If it were to be a skillshot?
              The flip side to your argument would be for the laws of boxing to say that a cut doesn't count and a rematch is needed.

Sounds stupid doesn't it?

Comment

No son, that was to correct a spelling mistake.

The flip side to your argument would be for the laws of boxing to say that a cut doesn't count and a rematch is needed.

Sounds stupid doesn't it?
                1. You're either lying or forgetting.

2. I never once said that Lewis did not win that fight fair and square. I said it's silly to act like Vitali was crushed. Win/Draw/lose he put up one hell of a fight and i can't be the only one thinking that cut was unfortunate as we were being treated to one hell of a fight.

Winning on a freak cut is perfectly legit, but don't act like it's 100% skills. If you do feel that way please let me know so i won't waste my time in here.

Comment

1. You're either lying or forgetting.

2. I never once said that Lewis did not win that fight fair and square. I said it's silly to act like Vitali was crushed. Win/Draw/lose he put up one hell of a fight and i can't be the only one thinking that cut was unfortunate as we were being treated to one hell of a fight.

Winning on a freak cut is perfectly legit, but don't act like it's 100% skills. If you do feel that way please let me know so i won't waste my time in here.
                  1. I wasn't lying. You just clearly never read the post properly. Wouldn't it be easier just to edit the thread title to shut you up? The fact is I didn't.

2. Lewis destroyed his face, not by accident but with intent.

3. You've still not told me which wins were better.
                  Last edited by Jedi Vader; 02-14-2013, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Harry Balls is correct. this is a silly thread made by one of the silliest, most repetitive posters on the forum.

Comment

Working...
                    X