Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL NSB Al Haymon managed fighters thread. Discuss & Debate!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    Earner that would be a reasonable argument if al haymon did anything that needed defending. Posters just can't hide their true agendas. If they get called on it, thats not defending al haymon.

I can understand your point but someone please tell me what al haymon has said or done that has brought him so many detractors?
    Better question, show us where Haymon has more detractors than the usual suspects..

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Even Berto, HBO got away just fine they got a great fight with him and Ortiz which lead directly to a huge fight for them, not involving Berto but that building of Berto still played a role in that fight coming off.

I don't think HBO is all that upset about what they invested in him and if they lost they didn't lose all that much over the years they featured him.
      they lost big on Berto

horrible ratings

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
        they lost big on Berto

horrible ratings
        The Ortiz fight did fine~

They also got Mayweather-Ortiz which was a direct result of Berto-Ortiz.

All of which because they invested in Berto~

So I don't agree from a business standpoint because they got the big pay offs just in a round about way out of their investment. They might have "lost" a bit but not big especially amortized over the course of their investment

Comment

I hate patting myself on the back but to be honest I am one of the most color blinded people on here

as much as people are outraged that Haymon gets flack because they feel that he is black the same could be said for some on here praising him because essentially he is doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING that promoters and managers of a fairer complexion do

angle to get the best deal for all involved and screw the fan

period end of story and if anyone would like to debate that

I am all too willing
          I am more than willing as i'm not someone who praises al haymon.

Comment

Earner that would be a reasonable argument if al haymon did anything that needed defending.
            you're kidding right?

so the fights we get spoon fed that pit his fighters against less than stellar opposition is okay and needs no defending yet if promoters do it or other managers do it then it's not acceptable and subject for debate?

Posters just can't hide their true agendas. If they get called on it, thats not defending al haymon.
            cmon man as much covert racial or nationalistic bandwaggoning or crap that's thrown around here you don't think it applies to everyone?

the vast majority of people on here contain some type of bias based on their own race or nationality.

I can understand your point but someone please tell me what al haymon has said or done that has brought him so many detractors?
            dont play that you know he does not speak in the public eye

but you are witness to all that he has done to the sport. Does he benefit fighters? of course he does but so does Cameron Dunkin (who takes crap for Donaire not fighting Rigo) so does GBP etc etc

to me it seems like some on here are willing to give him a pass due to his race

I hear terms like "he's playing the system" or "he's beating the old dudes at what they do best" and essentially people are saying

well if those guys can get over on the sport well then so can he

its not acceptable from anyone period

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              The Ortiz fight did fine~

They also got Mayweather-Ortiz which was a direct result of Berto-Ortiz.

All of which because they invested in Berto~

So I don't agree from a business standpoint because they got the big pay offs just in a round about way out of their investment. They might have "lost" a bit but not big especially amortized over the course of their investment
              ratings wise? not really popularity of course but remember they had a fighter who had never been a ratings star against a guy who when on their network had been known more for his quitting against Maidana then being a good fighter

The Mayweather Ortiz fight was not a boon for HBO

and for all the shows he's been on he is no longer on their network, at least for now

so how exactly did HBO benefit from the Berto reign?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                Better question, show us where Haymon has more detractors than the usual suspects..
                ealier in this thread, some clown lumped haymon in with king and arum, even though they essentially occupy different roles.

it doesn't matter the volume of detractors, only if their reasoning is sound. people complain that haymon fighters get good dates. The problem is HBO, not al haymon.

HBO's current execs believes in the star driven system relative to boxing. HBO is putting on fights that end up not being competitive. How is this al haymon's fault?

Comment

ratings wise? not really popularity of course but remember they had a fighter who had never been a ratings star against a guy who when on their network had been known more for his quitting against Maidana then being a good fighter

The Mayweather Ortiz fight was not a boon for HBO

and for all the shows he's been on he is no longer on their network, at least for now

so how exactly did HBO benefit from the Berto reign?
                  HBO got 24/7 and a big fight for Floyd, an acceptable opponent for Floyd is worth his weight in gold as far as HBO is concerned, in fact that is exactly what they were looking for.

So how is that not a boon for HBO.

With all that bad about Ortiz, he still became an acceptable opponent for Floyd and you don't think them building and hyping Berto played a large role in that? It is not just about ratings it is about goals and what you want to accomplish~ and in the boxing game the goal is ALWAYS to get the next big fight.

Comment

ealier in this thread, some clown lumped haymon in with king and arum, even though they essentially occupy different roles.
                    promoters?

well Haymon isn't allowed a promoter license because he is also a manager but essentially he is indeed a promoting entity

it doesn't matter the volume of detractors, only if their reasoning is sound. people complain that haymon fighters get good dates. The problem is HBO, not al haymon.
                    so is the problem also HBO's when it applies to other "promoters"?

HBO's current execs believes in the star driven system relative to boxing. HBO is putting on fights that end up not being competitive. How is this al haymon's fault?
                    the same as it is Arum's Schaefer's DiBella's (9/29 looks awful) etc they are submitting less than stellar product at premium pricing and expecting the buying public to be fine with it

Comment

he does and has for a little bit
                      hmmm ok this began about 3 months ago so this is a new relationship

Comment

Working...
                      X