Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most important factor to having a great physique?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

working out is 1%

Diet is 1%

genetics is 0%

Steroids are 98%

Comment

Originally posted by J-H View Post
      working out is 1%

Diet is 1%

genetics is 0%

Steroids are 98%

Couldn't be more wrong

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
        Exactly.

The Obama thing wasn't a coincidence. I was kind of becoming a hardcore follower of U.S. politics during the 2008 Elections. Kept up with the soap opera all of that year and wasn't gonna be bothered with Fitness until the Conclusion to all of that mess was reached in November.

However I never was really fat, sports through youth have kept me relatively fit along with moderately good metabolism. Although the 2007-2008 period was my heaviest scale wise. Getting out and playing basketball every now and then just wasn't cutting it anymore. Those were the good ol' highschool days.
        Very good post.

I like the way you got motivated and did something about it.

I was 175 lbs until 16, then at 18 I got to about 200lbs and chubby.

Decided to exercise, and now run alot and I am about 195-200 lbs, but leaner and fitter. My cardio is a lot better.

I jog a few miles every few days and at my peak hit 15 miles+ without pain.

The winter has kicked in here so I am lazier but feeling good, looking better and just having something to do makes me mentally feels good.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
          For the general person, if you really wanna stand out and be ripped, you'd have to invest alot of hours into it daily. For someone who works 8 hours per day, it could be tough. Personally I don't put in that kind of effort. I do it for the long term health of it.

Maintaining a slim physique seems more important to me. Having a lot of meat on you takes a lot more effort, to maintain and keep it rock solid and not turn into a saggy lard ass at some point. And if you're not the type who depends on his physique entirely to get some Ass, then even better.

As far as the gym goes that you mentioned, I'm relatively Anti-Social when it comes to social outlets like a public gym. I rather have my own gym and struggle on my own then have to share my sweat and pain with others or share the gym equipment with others. That's why I'm investing money and little by little adding more equipment to my own gym. We all are boxing fans here, I enjoy it beyond just watching so, I got the heavybag, speedbag, jumprope down. Have a treadmill also. Will add some more stuff in the upcoming years.

A easily accessible own private room/gym >> some public gym you have to drive to.
          Yeah makes sense.

I agree with what you said at the end. I am working on setting up my own private gym in my bedroom lol yeah it won't be much but it's just simple. I already bought a bench to do bench presses, I also have some barbells and dumbells there. I really don't like public pools, gyms, transportation[although I have to deal with that one], but anyways I prefer to work out by myself and have some privacy to focus better.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
            Exactly... People like to blame their genetics and hereditary traits for the way they look, or the way they process food, or the way their body reacts to certain things.

People who use this as a cop out complain about their bodies, but are they really training 4 days a week? Are they hitting weaker body parts twice a week? Are they eating 300-400 grams of protein? Etc...
            Even when I was working out "wrong", I still looked good and looked nothing like my dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Pu$$yKiller View Post

The winter has kicked in here so I am lazier but feeling good, looking better and just having something to do makes me mentally feels good.
              No doubt about the mental part.

Nothing like putting in a day's worth exercise, stretching and feeling good about yourself just when you're about to hit the shower, after weighing in relatively light on the bathroom scale.

Comment

Working...
              X