Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch, Kessler Deadline Looms: 70-30 Chance of Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't think kessler's ready to end his career just yet. he wants a couple more years of danish love dispatching bums.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
      Sounds like the only thing holding up he fight is Kessler not wanting to fight in Froch's back yard. Like of money at stake. Would seem like a small sacrifice considering Froch fought Kessler in his back yard before.
      Yeah - no he didn't. They fought in Herning - Kessler is from Copenhagen (308km). London - Nottingham is 208km so do your homework. I have been listening to all this hating on Kessler for the last couple of weeks. We should all know that a big fight like this takes a lot of time to make and small details like travelling danish fans is an issue. Make it in London, fair for everyone involved.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Why would Nottingham not be fair? Didn't Froch fight Kessler in his backyard?
        Please read ^^^

Comment

Sauerland are holding this up.

Both parties will probably have to pay Stevenson some money, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550
            Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUSTLER

Sounds like the only thing holding up he fight is Kessler not wanting to fight in Froch's back yard. Like of money at stake. Would seem like a small sacrifice considering Froch fought Kessler in his back yard before.

Yeah - no he didn't. They fought in Herning - Kessler is from Copenhagen (308km). London - Nottingham is 208km so do your homework. I have been listening to all this hating on Kessler for the last couple of weeks. We should all know that a big fight like this takes a lot of time to make and small details like travelling danish fans is an issue. Make it in London, fair for everyone involved.
            Well said... London would make sense travel wise.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Mindrapist View Post
              He didn't technically fight in Kessler's backyard. They fought in Herning which is about as far from Copenhagen as you can get in Denmark. That's why they're comparing it to London and Nottingham. Because in Denmark that is what it is.

Herning is a promoter town, they've gotten Beyonce, Madonna and people like that to come so they're known for paying hefty site fees. So to say they fought in Kessler's backyard is not true. It's very expensive to travel from Copenhagen to Herning. You either have to fly, pay massive toll fees or pay $150 for a train ride.
              This.

Kessler wants it in London. For good reason. Kessler didn't have his fight in his hometown, so I can understand them wanting it in London.

Having it in Notthingham is not at all the same as having it in Herning. Herning is literally across the other side of the country from Kessler's hometown.

Having it in London is perfectly fair as Kessler did not have it in his hometown.

Comment

They should have the fight in London, but I haven't heard much from Kessler side which is worrying for me.

Comment

Eddie Hearn‏@EddieHearn

@Carl_Froch will be live on @skysportsnews at 12.45

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    Eddie Hearn‏@EddieHearn

@Carl_Froch will be live on @skysportsnews at 12.45
                    He's [Froch] very confident the fight will happen, it's 'very close' to being finalised and Stevenson will just have to wait. It won't be happening in Nottingham, 02 arena is the preferred choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                      Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      This.

Kessler wants it in London. For good reason. Kessler didn't have his fight in his hometown, so I can understand them wanting it in London.

Having it in Notthingham is not at all the same as having it in Herning. Herning is literally across the other side of the country from Kessler's hometown.

Having it in London is perfectly fair as Kessler did not have it in his hometown.
                      Have to disagree with both of you here. Yeah, Herning isn't Kessler's hometown, but that's where he wanted the fight to be. Froch wanted it in Copenhagen but Kessler refused and staged it in Herning instead, even though that made it harder for British fans to get there.

Kessler's team didn't care about Froch's travelling fans, but now expects Froch to care about his.
                      World champion Carl Froch is battling to stage the next defence of his title in Copenhagen, rather than the smaller Danish city of Herning.

Nottingham fighter Froch is due to defend his WBC super-middleweight title against Mikkel Kessler on 17 April.

The final venue is yet to be confirmed, but Froch is keen to fight Denmark's Kessler actually in the Danish capital.

"That's where it needs to be," Froch told BBC Nottingham. "I'm battling the politics behind closed doors."

Herning is 150 miles away to the east of Copenhagen. And Froch admits: "For the Danes it's easy to get to, but for the Brits and for the Cobra fans it's going to be really difficult, so they'll probably stay and watch it at home."
                      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8457451.stm

Copenhagen was 'fair for everyone involved' too but we saw how that turned out.

Comment

Working...
                      X