No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford Inks New Multi-Year Deal With Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
    Frank Warren doesn’t seem to mind that Eddie Hearn is promoting BJS.
    UK boxing does seem to be a different animal in this regard I'll admit.

They swap out guys a lot more there at all levels. Granted Hearn isn't gonna be letting Warren promote Joshua vs Dubois when/if that fight comes around in a few years, unless Joshua's career takes a nosedive anyway, but they work together a lot more there vs in promoters in the US. Its a different boxing landscape there for w/e reason.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
      it's a mistake he'll regret 10 years down the road. does he not even know how much the Bobfather cuts from his pay?

floyd, oscar, and cotto realized that.

well the reason why i heard bud originally signed to top rank because pac was there. now that he's not there, wtf is bud doing staying with top rank? forever title defenses?

will we ever see a unification fight with Spence? or other champs?
      Fixed .....

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Yvon Michel, Lou DiBella, Floyd Mayweather, heck even Eddie Hearn and Frank Warren have sent their fighters wherever the best fight can be made.
        UK boxing is a different beast as I just mentioned so thats just a whole other thing.

But who's Michel & DiBella letting go work with others? And Mayweather ain't even got a name guy on THAT sorta level. Even Tank ain't THAT big in the game yet. He's more a social media star than a boxing star I feel like. Or he's just getting on that level very recently. Plus with the combative nature of that Tank & Floyd relationship right now that might be a special case if Floyd does let him fight under another banner in the future. Or a much bigger name situation if that Loma fight were to come into play cuz I'd expect TR to promote that fight if it were made.

I'm talking the big name guys. EVERYONE lets lil or still up & coming guys go here & there from time to time. But the big name guy doing business like Bud is isn't a guy anyone else in the US is letting go on other platforms as a rule with very few exceptions.

I wouldn't disagree Bobby is a tighter promoter with letting his contracted fighters do things with others even when it does come to the smaller names, but the big names are boxers every promoter is holding tightly onto across the board.

Bud is a Arum/ESPN branded fighter. There is value to TR in keeping him under there own banner just like there is value for PBC keeping Spence under there banner or Main Events keeping Kovalev (pre-this recent loss anyway, his value is dropping a lot in the boxing stock market) under there banner & so on & so forth with the big names in the sport signed to promoters/networks. This is nothing crazy.

There is sh^t to be critic of with Arum no f#cking doubt about it, but I don't believe this thing to be one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
          wtf is bud doing staying with top rank?
          I think its a case of the devil you know a lot of times with fighters staying with the same promotion til that promotion dumps them when they fail to be profitable at a future date. Its not encouraging that boxers don't take advantage of free agency more to find out there value & at a minimum up what they get when they re-sign with the same guy if they got any sorta matching deal kinda arrangement.

Also was Bud even a free agent? If you're not a free agent you can't REALLLLLLLY shop around or you gotta do that sh^t all sneaky & sh^t anyway.

Comment

Ehh getting paid 3.5mil a fight to defend against bums who wouldn’t take that deal

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
              Here goes the haters talking crap on Bud Crawford. I don't see why hate on the man??
              He's a great fighter, he has an exciting style, and he always comes to fight.
              The only reason I can see they hate on him is cause he fights for Top Rank and not Al Haymon....
              At the end who gives a fucc??
              People are quick to blame Bob Arum for some of the best fights not being made but Bob has shown he's willing to work with any promoter to make the best fights.
              Maybe All the fighters under PBC should leave Al Haymon and go fight under Top Rank ???
              NOW I'M GONNA HEAR SOME CRAP FOR SAYING THAT.. 🤣
              But on the real, IDK why some people even care who a fighter fights for..... ? They aren't getting any money for a fighter being under PBC.
              And I don't even like that old punk motherfuccer Bob Arum!
              1. Bob chronically rips off fighters (see above)
              2. Bud signing this means unless the top welterweights all sign with the bobfather than we aren't going to see Bud in a fight anyone cares about hence his earnings power will suck. At least Bradley had manny 8 times and Marquez. Who does Bud have??? NO ONE. So I don't think anyone really cares who fights for who but BUD made dumb decision. I mean Danny Jacobs knew outside of the Jermal, no one to fight on PBC's roster so he went to HBO to chase GGG and Canelo. Haymon didn't fight him on that. Bobfather ain't letting Bud fight outside the umbrella.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                Yeah exactly my point. But I'm sure if he resigned with them it's cause he felt it was a great deal.
                exactly. He got 3mil for Horn. Look at what the PBC welters get paid

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                  Superstar? Guess they didn’t see the lack of people who knew Crawford at the ESPY’s and when he won the award, people sounded like they only applauded cuz “someone “ won something!

Now, when Wilder was at the ESPY’s he had a crowd full of people wanting his autograph or picture and were excited!

It’s an ESPN platform but I’m happy Bud is getting paid well even though he won’t ever fight the best at 147
                  He is the best at 147. Everyone,else needs to step up and go get it

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I think its a case of the devil you know a lot of times with fighters staying with the same promotion til that promotion dumps them when they fail to be profitable at a future date. Its not encouraging that boxers don't take advantage of free agency more to find out there value & at a minimum up what they get when they re-sign with the same guy if they got any sorta matching deal kinda arrangement.

Also was Bud even a free agent? If you're not a free agent you can't REALLLLLLLY shop around or you gotta do that sh^t all sneaky & sh^t anyway.
                    No he wasnt. Had 2 yrs left on,his existing contract

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                      Ehh getting paid 3.5mil a fight to defend against bums who wouldn’t take that deal
                      He is defending against a guy who called him out. Thats what ppl say is ok for spence. So be it

Comment

Working...
                      X