No announcement yet.

7k tickets still available for May-Mac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
    That Is the most likely scenario. Which means that the fight Isn't going to do as well as some are suggesting IMO. One household will end up ordering for 10-20 guests. As you said many will also end up at a sports bar paying a minimal price as opposed to shelling out $100.
    People been doing that since the 80's bro lmfao. What are you talking about?

The difference with this fight will be MORE people will be having these lil parties & MORE people will be going into these lil sports bars &/or MORE sports bars will be showing the fight.

This fight is gonna do insane numbers. I honestly don't see how you guys aren't noticing all the people talking about this fight that NEVER talk about boxing. There were 20k-ish people at 4 different press conferences ffs. I've never seen a combined 80k-ish people attend a boxing press tour.

That said I would suggest its not a lock that I think it breaks the PPV record, cuz I think all sorts of random sh^t that only with hindsight one can fully grasp what happened could effect this fights appeal with people, but I do think worst case it'll be the 2nd biggest PPV fight of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

The difference with this fight will be MORE people will be having these lil parties & MORE people will be going into these lil sports bars &/or MORE sports bars will be showing the fight.

This fight is gonna do insane numbers. I honestly don't see how you guys aren't noticing all the people talking about this fight that NEVER talk about boxing. There were 20k-ish people at 4 different press conferences ffs. I've never seen a combined 80k-ish people attend a boxing press tour.

That said I would suggest its not a lock that I think it breaks the PPV record, cuz I think all sorts of random sh^t that only with hindsight one can fully grasp what happened could effect this fights appeal with people, but I do think worst case it'll be the 2nd biggest PPV fight of all time.
      Agree , not only its a crossover fight it has the 2 biggest stars between the 2 sports + having crazy press tour + the great white hope vs the bad black guy it has all the shtiks to sell well to the casuals , i can't see a situation where its NOT top 2 PPV ever , hope Floyd batters him and humiliate him in the ring until he says NO MAS , first time I'm rooting for floyd hope he will not dissapoint , everyone at my work are talking about the fight and most of them think its competitive and a LOT thinks Conor KO "the old man"........ its big and its going to sell crazy numbers for sure.

Comment

Not In my house they don't. When a fight Is on TV I want total silence not a bunch of drunk rejects screaming at the TV. I will stand by my prediction that the fight will not do as well as people think. We will see.

Comment

Not In my house they don't. When a fight Is on TV I want total silence not a bunch of drunk rejects screaming at the TV. I will stand by my prediction that the fight will not do as well as people think. We will see.
          Whats your prediction? "Not as well as people think" seems ultra vague.

Comment

Whats your prediction? "Not as well as people think" seems ultra vague.
            I think It will do big numbers but I just can't see It doing the 5 million plus that was predicted. I would think that 2.5-3 million would be a safe bet, but than again, I could end up being totally wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              "secondary market" means they've already been sold, so there's 3k tickets. 17k tickets sold at those prices means they already broke the gate revenue record set by May-Pac. Not selling though.
              ^^^wwcd

With two and a half weeks to go, moving the assumed remaining 3000 tickets isn't some impossible task.

Comment

I think It will do big numbers but I just can't see It doing the 5 million plus that was predicted. I would think that 2.5-3 million would be a safe bet, but than again, I could end up being totally wrong.
                So about the 2nd biggest PPV of all time lol? Thats what I'm saying it'll do worse case. Sounds like we are saying the same thing except I'm being bolder on the upside possibilities & overall prediction.

For full disclosure I was wayyyyyyy under predicting the MayPac fight which surprised the f#ck outta me with 4M+ which is why I think this fight will be bigger ultimately cuz the volume of people talking about this fight is louder than MayPac.

I think a lot of boxing fans also are sorta hoping this fight fails cuz of an MMA guys involvement in it or just thinks thats why it won't do as well as one would think based on all the people talking about it.

Comment

So about the 2nd biggest PPV of all time lol? Thats what I'm saying it'll do worse case. Sounds like we are saying the same thing except I'm being bolder on the upside possibilities & overall prediction.

For full disclosure I was wayyyyyyy under predicting the MayPac fight which surprised the f#ck outta me with 4M+ which is why I think this fight will be bigger ultimately cuz the volume of people talking about this fight is louder than MayPac.

I think a lot of boxing fans also are sorta hoping this fight fails cuz of an MMA guys involvement in it or just thinks thats why it won't do as well as one would think based on all the people talking about it.
                  What was your prediction for Mayweather vs Pacquiao? To be honest I also predicted low. I am also thinking Mayweather vs Mcgregor will not do as well as people think because of how the Floyd vs Manny fight played out, meaning both guys under performed. Again, I might be way off and the fight could end up being the biggest selling fight of all time.

Comment

Floyd will eventually end up fighting well Into his 40's due to tax Issues and lavish spending. I read an article the other day and I don't know how true It Is, but It said he was spending somewhere around 75-80 million per year. Math doesn't have to be someones strong suit to figure out where this guy Is heading. I believe even his dad expressed concern over his finances.
                    Floyd has likely made $1b as a pro boxer; even if you consider taxes, trainer/manager, camp expenses, etc, you're likely talking about Floyd having cleared $500m, most of which he's been able to have invested (Big Boy Mansion had already been built and lived in before the Oscar fight).

Floyd is going to be just fine, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      Floyd has likely made $1b as a pro boxer; even if you consider taxes, trainer/manager, camp expenses, etc, you're likely talking about Floyd having cleared $500m, most of which he's been able to have invested (Big Boy Mansion had already been built and lived in before the Oscar fight).

Floyd is going to be just fine, lol.
                      We don't know If Floyd Is going to be just fine. Tyson earned 4-500 million In his career and Holyfield earned between 250-300 million In his career and they are both bankrupt. Floyd spends the same as the above mentioned fighters, If not more. Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                      X