Source Reveals Golovkins Team Purposely Advised Him To Dodge Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source Reveals Golovkins Team Purposely Advised Him To Dodge Andre Ward

GENNADY GOLOVKIN BRAIN TRUST PURPOSELY ADVISED HIM NOT TO FIGHT ANDRE WARD

According to a source with knowledge of the situation, a long-time friend and confidant of undefeated middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin recently revealed that his own promotional/management team purposely advised him not to pursue a potential showdown with undefeated former world champion Andre Ward. We're told that shortly before Golovkin's 2nd round knockout of mandatory challenger Dominic Wade, his childhood friend from Kazakhstan struck up a conversation with world-class trainer Virgil Hunter, who was also in attendance at the fights and happened to be seated right next to our source.

According to our source, after showing Hunter several pictures of himself and Golovkin throughout the years, the friend began to share with Hunter a discussion that he and Golovkin previously had regarding a potential showdown with undefeated former world champion Andre Ward. "I was angry with him; he would not fight Andre Ward. I begged him. I tell him he had to for respect. He said, 'No, the promoters don't want me.' I say, 'Don't hide behind promoters. You can get the fight. You have to fight Ward for respect.' He said, 'No, not right now.' I asked him, 'Are you afraid?' He repeated, 'No, the promoters don't want me.' He got so mad," the friend reportedly said to Hunter during their conversation.

FightHype.com reached out to Hunter to verify the account of our source. Although he did not get into any specific details, Hunter confirmed that he did indeed have a conversation with Golovkin's "good friend from childhood" about the reasons why a fight with Ward never came to fruition. "I like Golovkin, but I think some of the people around him are phony," Hunter added before getting off the phone. Calls to members of Team Golovkin have yet to be returned.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/articl...medium=twitter

See source lol

Ben Thompson wrote the article...That is all anyone needs to know. Also, the anonymous childhood friend from kazakstan that somehow shows up in oakland at virgil hunter's gym with pics of golovkin from years ago sounds like a national inquirer article.
    Last edited by PK3434; 04-25-2016, 10:54 AM.

Comment

I was actually the childhood friend who revealed this information.

AMA

Comment

I don't see the big deal. If I was advising Golovkin, I would also to advise him to avoid Ward like the plague.

Comment

Comment

1:45. Lil' Gina's best friend knows he's a pu$$y.

Comment

It was a good call, tough fight and Ward was bull****ting during the time period which made it very easy to spin and bypass. It certainly hasn't hurt him for the most part with his fans.

A Ward win would really have cemented his status and make his current ratings justified but it is at the point where something gets said enough it becomes true to a lot of people. So what did he really lose other than an opportunity to be great in a fight he was likely to lose?

Comment

Seems plausible. Loeffler and Abel are fuking jokes

Comment

People really need to keep things in perspective. There's no record that shows Ward made an effort to make the fight happen other than the one when the Lemieux fight was already in place. Which was a stupid offer at a time when GG's options began popping up in his own division.

Had Ward made an effort to make the fight happen prior to the Lemieux fight official negotiations would have taken place. Remember, GG camp was talking about fighting four times a year. There were times when they were desperately looking for fights. Ward was nowhere to be found!

So this silly GG ducked Ward crap is stomach churning to me. It's the opposite.

Comment

Working...
                  X