Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your ideal federal budget for the government (USA)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your ideal federal budget for the government (USA)

The federal budget is always a point of contention, so please post your ideal federal budget for the USA

Currently the government takes in 3.3 trillion, we spend about 3.6 trillion, current proposed budget is nearing 4 trillion

Mine:
    600 billion defense- about what we spend now

600 billion healthcare- much more than we spend now

200 billion infrastructure- more than we spend now

200 billion clean energy grid- much more than we spend now

100 billion for agencies FBI, sec, EPA, etc.. plus add 1 million dollar registration fee for companies being regulated to add another billion to budget

100 billion- admin costs of government

1 billion- foreign aid

10 billion natural disaster emergency fund

25 billion for social programs/taking care of siablo/etc. 500 million per state

10 billion- social security funding

10 billion- grants/NASA/research

4 billion- Whatever congress what's to do, they got 4 billion to spend

Grand total---- 1.6 trillion,,,,
    less than 50% of proposed budget,
    1.7 trillion less than we spent last year
    1.4 trillion less than the government brings in tax revenue..

Basically about 50% of the current revenue..

We could drop taxes across the board by 40% and still run a surplus
    Last edited by Sugar Adam Ali; 11-08-2017, 09:06 PM.

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    The federal budget is always a point of contention, so please post your ideal federal budget for the USA

Currently the government takes in 3.3 trillion, we spend about 3.6 trillion, current proposed budget is nearing 4 trillion

Mine:
    600 billion defense- about what we spend now

600 billion healthcare- much more than we spend now

200 billion infrastructure- more than we spend now

200 billion clean energy grid- much more than we spend now

100 billion for agencies FBI, sec, EPA, etc.. plus add 1 million dollar registration fee for companies being regulated to add another billion to budget

100 billion- admin costs of government

1 billion- foreign aid

10 billion natural disaster emergency fund

25 billion for social programs/takingcareofsiablos/etc. 500 million per state

10 billion- social security funding

10 billion- grants/NASA/research

4 billion- Whatever congress what's to do, they got 4 billion to spend

Grand total---- 1.6 trillion,,,,
    less than 50% of proposed budget,
    1.7 trillion less than we spent last year
    1.4 trillion less than the government brings in tax revenue..

Basically about 50% of the current revenue..

We could drop taxes across the board by 40% and still run a surplus

siablo14

Here you go,,, Explain the rubbish, show your brilliance

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      siablo14

Here you go,,, Explain the rubbish, show your brilliance
      Straight rubbish.
      Look at that foreign aid allocation.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        Straight rubbish.
        Look at that foreign aid allocation.
        So 1 billion is rubbish?

And how much you earn a year to call a billion rubbish?

Have you sucked it up and got a better job yet?

Comment

Given that mandatory spending is roughly 67% of any budget, I would make the following changes:

I would bite the bullet and address the issues we have with Social Security and healthcare. this is where more than $2 trillion of mandatory spending is made. I would look to reduce this number by $500 billion.

I would increase Veterans aid by $ 100 billion to about $225 billion. Aimed at physical/mental healthcare and pay for education for returning soldiers.

I would increase transportation by $200 billion to make it $260 billion and use money to fix airports, roads, bridges, tunnels, railroads, etc.

Food & Agriculture would be increased by $200 billion with the aim being to have farmers produce enough food so breakfast and lunch are available for free in every school in the country. I also would be legalizing marijuana so resources would be used for cultivation, employment, and security(ie border patrol ) form no American competitors.

As for discretionary spending, which makes up 33% of the budget I would:

I would reduce military spending by $200 billion, dropping it to about $400 billion. I would prioritize cyber security, reduce wasteful spending on failed programs like the f-35, I would also not put money into "ground war" weaponry.

I would take about $35 billion of this cut and put it into education, $40 billion healthcare, $25 billion into government spending, $25 billion into housing, $25 billion into transportation, $50 billion into energy and environment.

Comment

Adam this is the lounge. Only BBCs and racism is allowed here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Given that mandatory spending is roughly 67% of any budget, I would make the following changes:

I would bite the bullet and address the issues we have with Social Security and healthcare. this is where more than $2 trillion of mandatory spending is made. I would look to reduce this number by $500 billion.

I would increase Veterans aid by $ 100 billion to about $225 billion. Aimed at physical/mental healthcare and pay for education for returning soldiers.

I would increase transportation by $200 billion to make it $260 billion and use money to fix airports, roads, bridges, tunnels, railroads, etc.

Food & Agriculture would be increased by $200 billion with the aim being to have farmers produce enough food so breakfast and lunch are available for free in every school in the country. I also would be legalizing marijuana so resources would be used for cultivation, employment, and security(ie border patrol ) form no American competitors.

As for discretionary spending, which makes up 33% of the budget I would:

I would reduce military spending by $200 billion, dropping it to about $400 billion. I would prioritize cyber security, reduce wasteful spending on failed programs like the f-35, I would also not put money into "ground war" weaponry.

I would take about $35 billion of this cut and put it into education, $40 billion healthcare, $25 billion into government spending, $25 billion into housing, $25 billion into transportation, $50 billion into energy and environment.
              I like your budget, but it doesn't have enough pork to make it out of committee

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Adam this is the lounge. Only BBCs and racism is allowed here.
                So, how much of the budget do you propose for the promotion/fighting of racism and for research into successful BBC implants for all?

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  I like your budget, but it doesn't have enough pork to make it out of committee
                  Thats the real sad part. I do think the increases in transportation should get it through because those repairs will usually cover at least one 6 yr senate term so you should have plenty of people employed such that you get reelected.

Besides, our roads, bridges, dams and electrical systems are really shit. Not to mention airports.

Comment

i'd start out by auditing those mfers. we'll see what it looks like when the dust settles, and half washington gets indicted.

Comment

Working...
                    X