No announcement yet.

Michael Spinks vs Marvin Hagler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Spinks vs Marvin Hagler

Now it should be obvious why I'm mentioning this fight.
    But for the the philistines.
    I say the spinx jinx is why Hagglar was too shook to go to light heavy.
    Spinks points
    35.29%
    Spinks ko
    35.29%
    Draw
    5.88%
    Haggler points
    0.00%
    Haggar ko
    23.53%

Marvin Haggars worst nightmare...

Comment

Spinks is just way too big. He usually weighed something in the neighborhood of 190lbs on the day of a fight. Marvin was always weighed around 160 on the day of the fight as well as most other days. That's just too huge of a gap to overcome.

If the fight ever happened it would probably have been heavily slanted toward Spinks with a lopsided decision but I don't think he knocks Hagler out or puts him down.

Comment

I have tremendous respect for both guys, but this was a jump to big for Marvin. Like if Carlos tried to go after Bob. Michael would take no more than 3 rounds to kayo Marvin.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
          Spinks is just way too big. He usually weighed something in the neighborhood of 190lbs on the day of a fight. Marvin was always weighed around 160 on the day of the fight as well as most other days. That's just too huge of a gap to overcome.

If the fight ever happened it would probably have been heavily slanted toward Spinks with a lopsided decision but I don't think he knocks Hagler out or puts him down.
          Wishful thinking...
          Some tough as fu'ck lightheavys couldn't take his punches...

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
          I have tremendous respect for both guys, but this was a jump to big for Marvin. Like if Carlos tried to go after Bob. Michael would take no more than 3 rounds to kayo Marvin.
          I'd be surprised if it lasted to the second.

I give Monzon a better shot at Foster than this match up....
          But I'd still see Monzon gettin killed....

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Acero View Post
            Wishful thinking...
            Hagler has one of the best chins in the entire history of the sport and yet you say he would get starched in two? GTFO with that ridiculousness. If Marvin Hagler were to be KO'd it would be from an accumulation of punishment.

Your inept opinion of Hagler is based nowhere in reality and borders on the absurd. So far your credibility is nil on anything regarding Hagler.
            Last edited by Hawkins; 09-13-2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
              Based on size alone Spinks should win a UD but I certainly don't think Hagler gets KOed and no way in hell he get's KOed early.

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Acero View Post
                Wishful thinking...

I'd be surprised if it lasted to the second.

I give Monzon a better shot at Foster than this match up....
                But I'd still see Monzon gettin killed....
                My feelings exactly.

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                Based on size alone Spinks should win a UD but I certainly don't think Hagler gets KOed and no way in hell he get's KOed early.
                Marvin, if he had moved up to fight Spinks, would realize immediately this was not the middleweights he was dealing with. And Spinks will kayo him, believe that.

Comment

I guess Spinks would have won a rather boring decision. No way would he have knocked out Marvin.

Comment

He would knock Marvin into next week. Next someone will say he would last the distance with Foster.

Comment

Working...
                    X