Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo To Golovkin: I Fear No Man, You Turned Down Our Offer!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
    Don't really feel like spending much time on Ward as it's completely irrelevant to the present. How is GGG not being avoided? They tried to set something up with Saunders he instantly said no, Eubanks seemed interested then pussied out; Jacobs said not now, maybe in 2017; Canelo talked a big game then Oscar stepped in and said it would happen in September 2017. How are these four boxers not ducking GGG?
    So you ask how ggg is not being avoided, yet don't want to discuss Ward offering him a 50/50 split right down the middle.

I'll give you the Saunders duck, but that is not a fight that anyone wants to see. Saunders is nothing more than a slightly above average fighter who happens to have a belt. Same with Eubank, I could care less about a ggg Eubank fight, nothing to see there.

So explain to me why ggg doesn't seem to want to acknowledge Lara? Lara has been calling him out for a while now, and agreed to fight at 160.

GGG is avoided by all b-class opponents who know they'll lose, so want a lot of money to step in the ring with him. On the other hand, ggg has unrealistic demands to make any of the fights happen with a-class opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by cali37 View Post
      If canelo vs cotto can't do over 1M buys, then canelo vs GGG won't even get close to that
      Golovkin vs. Canelo is likely the only fight out there in boxing, especially in the foreseeable future, that can eclipse 1M. The demand would be so high for that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
        Nice angle Golden Boy is playing... Lying about making an offer.
        Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        Exactly! No offer was made
        Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
        Nelo talking that s.h.i.t
        Neither youse guyz nor myself nor the rest of the boxing fans know much of any details about this.

Originally posted by Ce1ska View Post
        The translator got it wrong. Canelo said they made the offer and that they were waiting for them to answer; he never said it was turned down. This is presumably a flat fee offer for the biggest PPV fight that can be made atm.
        I've heard a half dozen translations of the translator so far, just a couple hours after the fight, all somewhat different. The only thing that was circulated, recently, was that it was a flat fee. IMO it's best to wait to hear the details of the offer, which I'm sure now they will come out in the next weeks. But no matter, this will be the biggest fight next year, guaranteed, and I'm sure both fighters will be paid well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
          haha the canelo die hards are getting desperate.
          So let me get this right... Ggg is deserving of terms as the B side, that no A side in the history of boxing would accept? And since Canelo doesn't accept his demands, he is to blame for the fight not getting made? You are completely oblivious of how the boxing game works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
            Check the facts, ok. He said in the video that he'd go to 154 for big fight, which he said was Floyd. He said many times Canelo he wil, not go there for.

He's said over and over again Floyd was only guy he'd come down for.

The guy barley speaks English, but haters want to hang on every word.

Especially since supposedly 30 days ago Canelo made an offer at 160 for what they claim is 8 figures.

It doesn't take GGG three fights. Maybe two, but honestly those were sold out.

He should fight in Texas and see if he could get 50k. 1.5 million Mexicans watched the Brook fight. It would probably get 50k too.
            Are you kidding me canelo is the biggest fight for him by a country mile. Floyd isn't coming back. He said he'll "go to 168 but for who.. 154 but for who" I guess by 154 he means Floyd and 168 he means prime Roy jones?

Gimme a break

Comment

• The majority of boxing fans I talk to think Canelo is ducking GGG for as long as possible. A fight a whole year from now would only strengthen that argument.

Comment

• [MENTION][/MENTION]
                Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                Canelo took a split when he fought Mayweather, he didn't just accept a flat fee. Despite the fact that he never headlined a PPV prior to that fight and that he was going up against the biggest star in boxing. He had a $5M guarantee but made well over $12M off the PPV buys.

If he took a flat feet he would be robbed of a lot of money because he contributed greatly to those 2.2M buys.

Golovkin vs. Canelo will likely not come close to 2.2M but this is going to be the biggest PPV of either fighters career when you consider the money involved. People are dubbing it 'biggest fight in boxing' and some are predicting it could do well over 1M buys. It's obvious that Golovkin would contribute heavily to those numbers because Canelo can't do close to that without Golovkin and vice versa. Just look at how far Canelo's numbers have dipped since the Cotto fight (which is an anomaly at this point). Because the fight is so big, both fighters have to capitalize on it now. Golovkin moreso than Canelo, because even if Golovkin were to win the fight, it's not like he'll become this A-side PPV attraction all of a sudden.

By accepting a flat fee, he would be sacrificing so much money that he helped bring in. I'm not saying Golovkin deserves 50-50 or even 60-40. Because he doesn't. But he definitely deserves a split of the PPV.
                Canelo got like 12 mill vs floyd but he also gave up weight plus he had an entire country and a large fanbase behind him.. we know that gggs fanbase isnt nearly what canelo had back on those days, but still they offered ggg at least 10 mill, 10 mill for a fight that maybe gets 1.5 mill ppvs, canelo received 12 for a fight that did 2.2... this is a reasanoble offer and the upside if he beats canelo will be huge... and dont anyone worry about the weight, ggg said he will go to 154 for a big ppv...
                Last edited by icha; 09-18-2016, 03:13 AM.

Comment

• Three months ago? Should've been mentioned earlier perhaps?

Will wait for GGG's response.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
                    [MENTION][/MENTION]
                    Canelo got like 12 mill vs floyd but he also gave up weight plus he had an entire country and a large fanbase behind him.. we know that gggs fanbase isnt nearly what canelo had back on those days, but still they offered ggg at least 10 mill, 10 mill for a fight that maybe gets 1.5 mill ppvs, canelo received 12 for a fight that did 2.2... this is a reasanoble offer and the upside if he beats canelo will be huge... and dont anyone worry about the way, ggg said he will go to 154 for a big ppv...
                    Hey man, I'll be very impressed with Canelo and his team if it's true they offered 8 figures + upside. And very disappointed if Team Ggg pass that up, even if it's a year for now. Lock that **** in, let's see if Canelo can stop the man from breaking the defense record

Comment

• Originally posted by russogd3 View Post
                      So you ask how ggg is not being avoided, yet don't want to discuss Ward offering him a 50/50 split right down the middle.
                      GGG is/was a small MW and Ward was a big SMW hence why he had to move up. Given his size Loeffler proposed a CW of 164 and from what Ward has said it doesn't seem like he was willing to agree to a CW.

Originally posted by russogd3 View Post
                      I'll give you the Saunders duck, but that is not a fight that anyone wants to see. Saunders is nothing more than a slightly above average fighter who happens to have a belt. Same with Eubank, I could care less about a ggg Eubank fight, nothing to see there.

So explain to me why ggg doesn't seem to want to acknowledge Lara? Lara has been calling him out for a while now, and agreed to fight at 160.

GGG is avoided by all b-class opponents who know they'll lose, so want a lot of money to step in the ring with him. On the other hand, ggg has unrealistic demands to make any of the fights happen with a-class opponents.
                      Because Lara has a small fan base and doesn't really do much for GGG. Lara's manager has been doing a lot of tweeting from Lara's account but hasn't actually gotten on the phone to speak with Loeffler.

So besides Ward (who can no longer make 168) who is GGG ducking?

Comment

Working...
                      X