Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Krusher" Kovalev vs RJJ@ 168-175lbs/12-12.5 Stone. Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    No disrespect to Roy, but Kovalev has a granite chin.
    So does Toney, Hopkins, Ruiz, Hill. I don't care who you care no one from 160-175 just walks through prime Roy Jones punches, and even if you could walk through them Roy wouldn't even be there once you walked through them. He had incredible feet.

Comment

• I usually try to be really nice on here, and just keep to myself period over the past 10 years.. But keep this thread going to expose the ignorance in here, and damn I do mean that with no offense bu Kovalev has no shot against a prime RJJ, like this should not have been asked for in the first place but now that it has it needs to remain.

Comment

• Originally posted by fragilety View Post
        I usually try to be really nice on here, and just keep to myself period over the past 10 years.. But keep this thread going to expose the ignorance in here, and damn I do mean that with no offense bu Kovalev has no shot against a prime RJJ, like this should not have been asked for in the first place but now that it has it needs to remain.
        Please explain how he has no shot...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
          So does Toney, Hopkins, Ruiz, Hill. I don't care who you care no one from 160-175 just walks through prime Roy Jones punches, and even if you could walk through them Roy wouldn't even be there once you walked through them. He had incredible feet.
          he'd hit some fighters....end up behind them and hit them again

his footwork and speed was immaculate

Kov aint no joke but he doesn't beat a prime Jones. He is very basic, neat fighter and Jones was very unorthodox.......Pascal is the no name brand, low shelf version of Jones and Kov had a tough fight with him. Old cagey Hopkins made the distance,

Jones wasn't the finisher at 175 that he was at 160 and 168 so after he figured Kov out, he'd cruise to a UD.....a knockdown or too considering Jones hit people with punches they didn't see coming and Kov doesn't have great upperbody or head movement

Comment

• This would have been a great fight. It's almost a toss up, maybe 60-40 in RJJ's favor. If RJJ was serious, he should win. But if he tried to get a little cute like he sometimes gets, I can see him getting iced for a 10 count or the KD costing him the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              he'd hit some fighters....end up behind them and hit them again

his footwork and speed was immaculate

Kov aint no joke but he doesn't beat a prime Jones. He is very basic, neat fighter and Jones was very unorthodox.......Pascal is the no name brand, low shelf version of Jones and Kov had a tough fight with him. Old cagey Hopkins made the distance,

Jones wasn't the finisher at 175 that he was at 160 and 168 so after he figured Kov out, he'd cruise to a UD.....a knockdown or too considering Jones hit people with punches they didn't see coming and Kov doesn't have great upperbody or head movement
              Great post!

Don't forget that Roy took out Griffin and Hill with single shots, and they both weighed 180 plus on fight night, with Hill nearing 190 as their fight was a 177 catch-weight. Also, Roy was the only guy to ever knock out Hill in 58 fights.

Once again, if Pascal could land 4/5 overhand rights that were telegraphed with no leverage, then a 25 year old version of Roy would have thought it was Christmas in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                Great post!

Don't forget that Roy took out Griffin and Hill with single shots, and they both weighed 180 plus on fight night, with Hill nearing 190 as their fight was a 177 catch-weight. Also, Roy was the only guy to ever knock out Hill in 58 fights.

Once again, if Pascal could land 4/5 overhand rights that were telegraphed with no leverage, then a 25 year old version of Roy would have thought it was Christmas in there.
                that is what i envision after a nip and tuck first round

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  that is what i envision after a nip and tuck first round
                  Yeah.

I never thought Roy could ruin his legacy, but I guess he has done, because a lot of these guys are looking at how devastating Kov is, as well as who's destroyed Roy over the last 10 years.

I think a lot of these guys either never saw Roy's prime, or they've forgotten just what a phenom he was in the 90's.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                    Yeah.

I never thought Roy could ruin his legacy, but I guess he has done, because a lot of these guys are looking at how devastating Kov is, as well as who's destroyed Roy over the last 10 years.

I think a lot of these guys either never saw Roy's prime, or they've forgotten just what a phenom he was in the 90's.
                    I think people are overlooking Kovalev.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      I think people are overlooking Kovalev.
                      Kovalev hasn't fought enough yet for these guys to see what we see.

Hopefully this year goes well for Kov, him beating Pascal, Stevenson, and Ward all in 12 months... will prove what a beast he is

Comment

Working...
                      X