Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Stops a Game Carlos Takam in The Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is going to be a very entertaining fight while it lasts. Takam is short and stocky and a good counter puncher, he can catch AJ reaching down to punch him with his counter left. AJ is always entertaining whether he is dominating or not. If Takam can get AJ working for 3 mins every round, without getting blown away in the process, things could get very interesting.

Despite the fact its a late replacement, i am excited for this match. AJs second best opponent by quite some distance, and a different style to anything he has seen so far in his career (iirc).

Comment

Does anyone know if Showtime will broadcast any of the undercards?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Cant answer that mate, but i will say that the undercard is shockingly bad.

They had a few pull outs that mean its not even interesting to the British domestic scene anymore. 3 Olympians in farcical mismatches, Dave Allen in a late replacement, and Buglioni vs Richards (which could be competitive but not as good as the Bug vs Johnson fight that was supposed to be on).

Then Katie Taylor as wwell if you are into that.

Comment

only thing would probably be showtime extreme....

do they have an app like hbo ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Cant answer that mate, but i will say that the undercard is shockingly bad.

They had a few pull outs that mean its not even interesting to the British domestic scene anymore. 3 Olympians in farcical mismatches, Dave Allen in a late replacement, and Buglioni vs Richards (which could be competitive but not as good as the Bug vs Johnson fight that was supposed to be on).

Then Katie Taylor as wwell if you are into that.
            Whadda bout Bob Helenius-Dillan Whyte? That is an interesting and potentially exciting matchup

Comment

Whadda bout Bob Helenius-Dillan Whyte? That is an interesting and potentially exciting matchup
              Helenius-Whyte, Yafai-Oshida and Taylor-Esther should all be interesting fights.

Comment

Takam beats Joshua, and I will explain why....

I have my money on Takam tonight, the main reason being the incredible odds! Why wouldn't you throw an Ayrton Senna on Takam at 12/1?

Takam has this reputation as a come-forward fighter and an inside fighter, and Joshua and his team seem to think this fight will happen "in a phone box"....this is not how Takam fights.

Watch the Povetkin fight (another great inside and mid-range fighter) and you will see something that I think Joshua and his team are overlooking... Takam has quick feet in and out and good lateral movement, he also throws feints and does quirky head movements like Fury did against Klitschko. Watch the pawing jab and overhand right that he throws and connects on Povetkin.....this is where AJ will come unstuck.

Joshua has a problem which is obvious to EVERYONE who knows boxing. He gassed in the 5th round against a 41 year old man who hadn't fought in near 18 months...and STILL didn't put him away! he overwhelmed him and put him down but Klitschko got straight back up and would have won the round if not for the KD......KLITSCHKO FINISHED THE ROUND THE STRONGER FIGHTER......AT 41 YEARS OLD!

I have rated Takam highly for the last 5 years, he has been in my top 10, and since Fury and WK retired, my top 5. He is no mug!

I think Joshua will come out cautious in the first few rounds and Takam will stand side-on, with his shoulder guarding much like he did against Povetkin, but Povetkin actually engaged him and outgunned him, Joshua will NOT risk this and will try to counter Takam who won't engage until he is comfortable.

The fight will go a few rounds with Takam moving, feinting his jab and with CONSTANT head movement and Joshua will slip up and try to engage, Takam beats his body and wins the exchanges on the inside when they do collide.

After the 6th round Joshua will be visibly tired, this is when Takam applies real pressure on the inside and mid-range and takes over. There will be NO KD and then then letting him survive for 4/5 rounds, Takam will apply pressure when AJ is tired. Having the lower centre of gravity and more strength in the clinch and when tied up will only benefit Takam, and he will work the inside like AJ has never seen!

I am predicting a Takam victory. I have been wrong before and will gladly accept the ridicule if I'm wrong. I predicted Braehmer would have too much for Brant and was right, I predicted Fury would outpoint Klitschko and was right......I don't make predictions unless I have studied and know both fighters.....

Takam will beat AJ tonight.....come at me bruh.

Comment

Not a chance Takam beats Joshua.

He's a Powder Puff hitter, pretty average foot and hand speed and most importantly of all his reach is way too small so he'll need to get inside the pocket to throw his punches which is exactly what Joshua wants.

Easy night's work for AJ and I doubt this fight goes past 2 rds, 4 at the most.

I'll watch the fight but it's nothing i'm excited about as it'll be too one sided.
                  Last edited by Boxnation fan; 10-28-2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Snap yeah forgot about that. And Yafai Ishida. Both ok fights but firm favourites in both.

Actually if Helenius can recapture some of his power from his pre injury days then he could spark Whyte out.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                      I have my money on Takam tonight, the main reason being the incredible odds! Why wouldn't you throw an Ayrton Senna on Takam at 12/1?

Takam has this reputation as a come-forward fighter and an inside fighter, and Joshua and his team seem to think this fight will happen "in a phone box"....this is not how Takam fights.

Watch the Povetkin fight (another great inside and mid-range fighter) and you will see something that I think Joshua and his team are overlooking... Takam has quick feet in and out and good lateral movement, he also throws feints and does quirky head movements like Fury did against Klitschko. Watch the pawing jab and overhand right that he throws and connects on Povetkin.....this is where AJ will come unstuck.

Joshua has a problem which is obvious to EVERYONE who knows boxing. He gassed in the 5th round against a 41 year old man who hadn't fought in near 18 months...and STILL didn't put him away! he overwhelmed him and put him down but Klitschko got straight back up and would have won the round if not for the KD......KLITSCHKO FINISHED THE ROUND THE STRONGER FIGHTER......AT 41 YEARS OLD!

I have rated Takam highly for the last 5 years, he has been in my top 10, and since Fury and WK retired, my top 5. He is no mug!

I think Joshua will come out cautious in the first few rounds and Takam will stand side-on, with his shoulder guarding much like he did against Povetkin, but Povetkin actually engaged him and outgunned him, Joshua will NOT risk this and will try to counter Takam who won't engage until he is comfortable.

The fight will go a few rounds with Takam moving, feinting his jab and with CONSTANT head movement and Joshua will slip up and try to engage, Takam beats his body and wins the exchanges on the inside when they do collide.

After the 6th round Joshua will be visibly tired, this is when Takam applies real pressure on the inside and mid-range and takes over. There will be NO KD and then then letting him survive for 4/5 rounds, Takam will apply pressure when AJ is tired. Having the lower centre of gravity and more strength in the clinch and when tied up will only benefit Takam, and he will work the inside like AJ has never seen!

I am predicting a Takam victory. I have been wrong before and will gladly accept the ridicule if I'm wrong. I predicted Braehmer would have too much for Brant and was right, I predicted Fury would outpoint Klitschko and was right......I don't make predictions unless I have studied and know both fighters.....

Takam will beat AJ tonight.....come at me bruh.
                      You had me until the last paragraph. If Joshua can't beat this guy then how the heck does he stand a chance against Wilder?

Comment

Working...
                      X